|Skim milk or buttermilk||½ cup|
|Poultry seasoning||1 teaspoon|
|Cornflakes, crumbled||1 cup|
|Onion powder||1½ tablespoons|
|Garlic powder||1½ tablespoons|
|Black pepper||2 teaspoons|
|Dried hot pepper, crushed||2 teaspoons|
|Ginger, ground||1 teaspoon|
|Chicken, skinless (4 breasts, 4 drumsticks)||8 pieces|
|Paprika||A few shakes|
|Vegetable oil (use to grease baking pan)||1 teaspoon|
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Add ½ teaspoon of poultry seasoning to milk.
- Combine all other spices with cornflake crumbs and place in a plastic bag.
- Wash chicken and pat dry. Dip chicken into milk, shake then quickly shake in bag with seasoning and crumbs.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Remove from refrigerator and sprinkle lightly with paprika for color.
- Evenly space chicken on greased baking pan.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake 40 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking for an additional 30-40 minutes or until the meat can be easily pulled away from the bone with a fork. The drumsticks may require less baking time than the breasts. Crumbs will form a crispy “skin.” (Do not turn chicken during baking.)
|Serving Size||½ breast or 2 small drumsticks|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
A randomized trial found that fecal microbiota transplantation had a higher rate of remission in patients with active ulcerative colitis than those who recieved placebo. Fecal transplantation is believed to help the intestine develop a healthy balance of bacteria in the gut which can help the intestine recover and function more effectively.
Chewing Gum After Surgery May Improve Digestive Tract Recovery