|Skim milk or buttermilk||½ cup|
|Poultry seasoning||1 teaspoon|
|Cornflakes, crumbled||1 cup|
|Onion powder||1½ tablespoons|
|Garlic powder||1½ tablespoons|
|Black pepper||2 teaspoons|
|Dried hot pepper, crushed||2 teaspoons|
|Ginger, ground||1 teaspoon|
|Chicken, skinless (4 breasts, 4 drumsticks)||8 pieces|
|Paprika||A few shakes|
|Vegetable oil (use to grease baking pan)||1 teaspoon|
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Add ½ teaspoon of poultry seasoning to milk.
- Combine all other spices with cornflake crumbs and place in a plastic bag.
- Wash chicken and pat dry. Dip chicken into milk, shake then quickly shake in bag with seasoning and crumbs.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Remove from refrigerator and sprinkle lightly with paprika for color.
- Evenly space chicken on greased baking pan.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake 40 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking for an additional 30-40 minutes or until the meat can be easily pulled away from the bone with a fork. The drumsticks may require less baking time than the breasts. Crumbs will form a crispy “skin.” (Do not turn chicken during baking.)
|Serving Size||½ breast or 2 small drumsticks|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
A systematic review found that participants given chewing gum after abdominal surgery may have a faster return to normal for their digestive system. Unfortunately, the quality of trials is low and more research will need to be done before this simple solution is confirmed.
Early Peanut Consumption Associated with Lower Risk of Peanut Allergy in High Risk Children
Breastfeeding May Decrease the Risk of Childhood Obesity
Tonsillectomy May Reduce Number of Sore Throat Days in Children