|Onions, chopped||½ cup|
|Evaporated skim milk||½ cup|
|Medium egg, beaten||1|
|Black pepper||¼ teaspoon|
|Sharp cheddar cheese (4 ounce), finely shredded, low fat||1¼ cups|
|Nonstick cooking oil spray|
- Cook macaroni according to directions. (Do not add salt to the cooking water.) Drain and set aside.
- Spray a casserole dish with nonstick cooking oil spray.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly spray saucepan with nonstick cooking oil spray.
- Add onions to saucepan and sauté for about 3 minutes.
- In another bowl, combine macaroni, onions, and the remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Transfer mixture into casserole dish.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
|Serving Size||½ cup|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
A randomized trial found that fecal microbiota transplantation had a higher rate of remission in patients with active ulcerative colitis than those who recieved placebo. Fecal transplantation is believed to help the intestine develop a healthy balance of bacteria in the gut which can help the intestine recover and function more effectively.
Chewing Gum After Surgery May Improve Digestive Tract Recovery