Ingredients and Preparation
|Lasagna noodles||1 box|
|Extra lean ground beef (93% lean) or lean ground turkey||1 pound|
|Chopped onion||½ cup|
|Mushrooms, optional||8 ounces|
|Spaghetti sauce (no fat added)||1 jar|
|Garlic powder||1 teaspoon|
|Dried leaf oregano, crumbled||1 teaspoon|
|Dried leaf basil, crumbled||½ teaspoon|
|Part-skim ricotta cheese||1 ½ cups|
|Reduced-fat Montery Jack cheese||2 cups|
|Reduced-fat Parmesan cheese||¾ cup|
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large skillet, brown beef, onion, and mushrooms.
- Stir in spaghetti sauce, garlic powder, salt, oregano, and basil.
- In a 2-quart buttered baking dish (about 11x7x2 inches), layer noodles, meat and sauce mixture, 1/3 of the ricotta, Monterey Jack, and Parmesan cheeses. Repeat layers twice.
- Bake lasagna for 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated and bubbly.
- Let stand for 8 to 10 minutes before cutting and serving.
Current Research From Top Journals