|Lasagna noodles||1 box|
|Extra lean ground beef (93% lean) or lean ground turkey||1 pound|
|Chopped onion||½ cup|
|Mushrooms, optional||8 ounces|
|Spaghetti sauce (no fat added)||1 jar|
|Garlic powder||1 teaspoon|
|Dried leaf oregano, crumbled||1 teaspoon|
|Dried leaf basil, crumbled||½ teaspoon|
|Part-skim ricotta cheese||1 ½ cups|
|Reduced-fat Montery Jack cheese||2 cups|
|Reduced-fat Parmesan cheese||¾ cup|
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large skillet, brown beef, onion, and mushrooms.
- Stir in spaghetti sauce, garlic powder, salt, oregano, and basil.
- In a 2-quart buttered baking dish (about 11x7x2 inches), layer noodles, meat and sauce mixture, 1/3 of the ricotta, Monterey Jack, and Parmesan cheeses. Repeat layers twice.
- Bake lasagna for 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated and bubbly.
- Let stand for 8 to 10 minutes before cutting and serving.
Improving parent-adolescent sexual communication has been noted as one factor that could help to encourage adolescents to practice safer sex behavior. This study found that sexual communication with parents plays a small protective role in safer sex behavior among adolescents.
Celiac Disease May Increase the Risk of Bone Fractures
Music May Improve Sleep Quality in Adults with Insomnia
CPAP May Help Older Adults with Obstructive Sleep Apnea