|Lasagna noodles||1 box|
|Extra lean ground beef (93% lean) or lean ground turkey||1 pound|
|Chopped onion||½ cup|
|Mushrooms, optional||8 ounces|
|Spaghetti sauce (no fat added)||1 jar|
|Garlic powder||1 teaspoon|
|Dried leaf oregano, crumbled||1 teaspoon|
|Dried leaf basil, crumbled||½ teaspoon|
|Part-skim ricotta cheese||1 ½ cups|
|Reduced-fat Montery Jack cheese||2 cups|
|Reduced-fat Parmesan cheese||¾ cup|
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large skillet, brown beef, onion, and mushrooms.
- Stir in spaghetti sauce, garlic powder, salt, oregano, and basil.
- In a 2-quart buttered baking dish (about 11x7x2 inches), layer noodles, meat and sauce mixture, 1/3 of the ricotta, Monterey Jack, and Parmesan cheeses. Repeat layers twice.
- Bake lasagna for 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated and bubbly.
- Let stand for 8 to 10 minutes before cutting and serving.
A systematic review found that participants given chewing gum after abdominal surgery may have a faster return to normal for their digestive system. Unfortunately, the quality of trials is low and more research will need to be done before this simple solution is confirmed.
Early Peanut Consumption Associated with Lower Risk of Peanut Allergy in High Risk Children
Breastfeeding May Decrease the Risk of Childhood Obesity
Tonsillectomy May Reduce Number of Sore Throat Days in Children