|Lasagna noodles||1 box|
|Extra lean ground beef (93% lean) or lean ground turkey||1 pound|
|Chopped onion||½ cup|
|Mushrooms, optional||8 ounces|
|Spaghetti sauce (no fat added)||1 jar|
|Garlic powder||1 teaspoon|
|Dried leaf oregano, crumbled||1 teaspoon|
|Dried leaf basil, crumbled||½ teaspoon|
|Part-skim ricotta cheese||1 ½ cups|
|Reduced-fat Montery Jack cheese||2 cups|
|Reduced-fat Parmesan cheese||¾ cup|
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large skillet, brown beef, onion, and mushrooms.
- Stir in spaghetti sauce, garlic powder, salt, oregano, and basil.
- In a 2-quart buttered baking dish (about 11x7x2 inches), layer noodles, meat and sauce mixture, 1/3 of the ricotta, Monterey Jack, and Parmesan cheeses. Repeat layers twice.
- Bake lasagna for 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated and bubbly.
- Let stand for 8 to 10 minutes before cutting and serving.
Exercise during pregnancy has been associated with many benefits for mom and baby. This review supports the trend and finds that even one day of purposeful activity per week may reduce the need for cesarean birth.
Maternal Caffeine Intake May Be Associated with Low Birth Weight
Prevent Eczema in Kids with a Daily Dose of Moisturizer
Broccoli Sprout Compound Associated with Reduction in Autism Symptoms