|Tomato paste||5 tablespoons (3 ounces)|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 teaspoon|
|White vinegar||4 teaspoons|
|Cayenne pepper||¾ teaspoons|
|Black pepper||1/8 teaspoons|
|Onion powder||¼ teaspoon|
|Garlic cloves, minced||2|
|Ginger, grated||1/8 teaspoon|
|Chicken (breasts, drumsticks), skinless||1 ½ pounds|
- Combine all ingredients except chicken in saucepan. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Wash chicken and pat dry. Place on large platter and brush with 1/2 of sauce mixture.
- Cover with plastic wrap and marinate in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Place chicken on baking sheet lined with aluminum foil and broil for 10 minutes on each side to seal in juices.
- Turn down oven to 350ºF and add remaining sauce to chicken. Cover chicken with aluminum foil and continue baking for 30 minutes.
|Serving Size||½ breast or 2 small drumsticks|
|Saturated Fat||less than 1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
A randomized trial found that fecal microbiota transplantation had a higher rate of remission in patients with active ulcerative colitis than those who recieved placebo. Fecal transplantation is believed to help the intestine develop a healthy balance of bacteria in the gut which can help the intestine recover and function more effectively.
Chewing Gum After Surgery May Improve Digestive Tract Recovery