|Garlic, separated and peeled||1 bulb|
|Red wine vinegar||1 tablespoon|
|Virgin olive oil||1 tablespoon|
|Black pepper||¼ teaspoon|
- Place the garlic cloves into a small saucepan and pour enough water (about ½ cup) to cover them.
- Bring water to a boil then reduce heat and simmer until garlic is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Reduce the liquid to 2 tablespoons and increase the heat for 3 minutes.
- Pour the contents into a small sieve over a bowl and with a wooden spoon, mash the garlic through the sieve into the bowl.
- Whisk the vinegar and honey into the garlic mixture; incorporate the oil and seasoning.
|Serving Size||2 tablespoons|
|Saturated Fat||less than 1 g|
A randomized trial found that fecal microbiota transplantation had a higher rate of remission in patients with active ulcerative colitis than those who recieved placebo. Fecal transplantation is believed to help the intestine develop a healthy balance of bacteria in the gut which can help the intestine recover and function more effectively.
Chewing Gum After Surgery May Improve Digestive Tract Recovery