|Skim milk||1/3 cup|
|Vegetable oil||2 tablespoons|
|White sugar||¼ cup|
|Brown sugar||¼ cup|
|Large eggs, beaten||3|
|Evaporated skim milk, canned||¼ cup|
|Vanilla extract||1 teaspoon|
|Sweet potatoes (cooked and mashed)||3 cups|
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Combine the flour and sugar in a bowl.
- Add milk and oil to the flour mixture.
- Stir with fork until well-mixed and then form pastry into a smooth ball with your hands.
- Roll the ball between two 12-inch squares of waxed paper using short, brisk strokes until pastry reaches edge of paper.
- Peel off top paper and invert crust into pie plate.
- Combine sugars, salt, spices, and eggs. Add milk and vanilla.
- Add sweet potatoes and mix well. Pour mixture into pie shell.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
|Serving Size||1 slice|
|Saturated Fat||less than 1 g|
A randomized trial found that drinking water before main meals led to higher weight loss than those who were asked to imagine a full stomach before main meals. Water preloading is believed to help create a feeling of fullness or satiety during the meal, which may help curb overeating.
Fecal Transplants Induce Ulcerative Colitis Remission
Exercise Associated with Healthy Baby Weight
Mindful Meditation May Reduce Symptoms and Complications of Insomnia