|Skim milk||1/3 cup|
|Vegetable oil||2 tablespoons|
|White sugar||¼ cup|
|Brown sugar||¼ cup|
|Large eggs, beaten||3|
|Evaporated skim milk, canned||¼ cup|
|Vanilla extract||1 teaspoon|
|Sweet potatoes (cooked and mashed)||3 cups|
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Combine the flour and sugar in a bowl.
- Add milk and oil to the flour mixture.
- Stir with fork until well-mixed and then form pastry into a smooth ball with your hands.
- Roll the ball between two 12-inch squares of waxed paper using short, brisk strokes until pastry reaches edge of paper.
- Peel off top paper and invert crust into pie plate.
- Combine sugars, salt, spices, and eggs. Add milk and vanilla.
- Add sweet potatoes and mix well. Pour mixture into pie shell.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
|Serving Size||1 slice|
|Saturated Fat||less than 1 g|
A randomized trial found that fecal microbiota transplantation had a higher rate of remission in patients with active ulcerative colitis than those who recieved placebo. Fecal transplantation is believed to help the intestine develop a healthy balance of bacteria in the gut which can help the intestine recover and function more effectively.
Exercise Associated with Healthy Baby Weight
Mindful Meditation May Reduce Symptoms and Complications of Insomnia
Chewing Gum After Surgery May Improve Digestive Tract Recovery