Pupusas Revueltas With Chicken
Ingredients and Preparation
|Ground chicken breast||1 pound|
|Vegetable oil||1 tablespoon|
|Low-fat mozzarella cheese, grated||½ pound|
|Small onion, finely diced||½|
|Garlic, minced||1 clove|
|Medium green pepper, seeded and minced||1|
|Small tomato, finely chopped||1|
|Instant corn flour (masa harina)||5 cups|
- In a nonstick skillet over low heat, sauté chicken in oil until chicken turns white. Constantly stir the chicken to keep it from sticking.
- Add onion, garlic, green pepper, and tomato. Cook until chicken mixture is cooked through. Remove skillet from stove and let mixture cool in the refrigerator.
- While the chicken mixture is cooling, place the flour and salt in a large mixing bowl and stir in enough water to make a stiff tortilla-like dough.
- When the chicken mixture has cooled, mix in the cheese.
- Divide the dough into 24 portions. With your hands, roll the dough into balls and flatten each ball into a ½-inch thick circle. Put a spoonful of the chicken mixture in the middle of each circle of dough and bring the edges to the center. Flatten the ball of dough again until it is ½-inch thick.
- In a very hot, iron skillet, cook the pupusas on each side until golden brown.
- Serve hot with Curtido salvadoreño
|Serving Size||2 pupusas|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
Current Research From Top Journals