|Great northern beans||2 cans (16 oz each)|
|Olive oil||1 tablespoon|
|Fresh mushrooms, sliced||½ pound|
|Onion, coarsely chopped||1 cup|
|Carrots, sliced||2 cups|
|Celery, coarsely chopped||1 cup|
|Garlic, minced||1 clove|
|Tomatoes, fresh, peeled, cut up||
|Dried sage||1 teaspoon|
|Dried thyme||1 teaspoon|
|Dried oregano||½ teaspoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper to taste|
|Bay leaf, crumbled||1|
|Elbow macaroni, cooked||4 cups|
- Drain beans and reserve liquid. Rinse beans.
- Heat oil in 6-quart kettle. Add mushrooms, onion, carrots, celery, and garlic and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, sage, thyme, oregano, pepper, and bay leaf. Cover and cook over medium heat for 20 minutes.
- Cook macaroni according to directions on package, using unsalted water. Drain when cooked. Do not overcook.
- Combine reserved bean liquid with water to make 4 cups.
- Add liquid, beans, and cooked macaroni to vegetable mixture.
- Bring to boil. Cover and simmer until soup is thoroughly heated. Stir occasionally.
|Serving Size||1 cup|
|Saturated Fat||less than 1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||5 mg|
Exercise during pregnancy has been associated with many benefits for mom and baby. This review supports the trend and finds that even one day of purposeful activity per week may reduce the need for cesarean birth.
Maternal Caffeine Intake May Be Associated with Low Birth Weight
Prevent Eczema in Kids with a Daily Dose of Moisturizer
Broccoli Sprout Compound Associated with Reduction in Autism Symptoms