|Great northern beans||2 cans (16 oz each)|
|Olive oil||1 tablespoon|
|Fresh mushrooms, sliced||½ pound|
|Onion, coarsely chopped||1 cup|
|Carrots, sliced||2 cups|
|Celery, coarsely chopped||1 cup|
|Garlic, minced||1 clove|
|Tomatoes, fresh, peeled, cut up||
|Dried sage||1 teaspoon|
|Dried thyme||1 teaspoon|
|Dried oregano||½ teaspoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper to taste|
|Bay leaf, crumbled||1|
|Elbow macaroni, cooked||4 cups|
- Drain beans and reserve liquid. Rinse beans.
- Heat oil in 6-quart kettle. Add mushrooms, onion, carrots, celery, and garlic and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, sage, thyme, oregano, pepper, and bay leaf. Cover and cook over medium heat for 20 minutes.
- Cook macaroni according to directions on package, using unsalted water. Drain when cooked. Do not overcook.
- Combine reserved bean liquid with water to make 4 cups.
- Add liquid, beans, and cooked macaroni to vegetable mixture.
- Bring to boil. Cover and simmer until soup is thoroughly heated. Stir occasionally.
|Serving Size||1 cup|
|Saturated Fat||less than 1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||5 mg|
Insomnia can make your days miserable and a cure can be hard to find. There are some medications but there is some worry with side effects and the potential for addiction. Music is side effect free and according to this study may help you find sleep.
CPAP May Help Older Adults with Obstructive Sleep Apnea
Water Before Meals May Promote Weight Loss
Fecal Transplants Induce Ulcerative Colitis Remission