|Great northern beans||2 cans (16 oz each)|
|Olive oil||1 tablespoon|
|Fresh mushrooms, sliced||½ pound|
|Onion, coarsely chopped||1 cup|
|Carrots, sliced||2 cups|
|Celery, coarsely chopped||1 cup|
|Garlic, minced||1 clove|
|Tomatoes, fresh, peeled, cut up||
|Dried sage||1 teaspoon|
|Dried thyme||1 teaspoon|
|Dried oregano||½ teaspoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper to taste|
|Bay leaf, crumbled||1|
|Elbow macaroni, cooked||4 cups|
- Drain beans and reserve liquid. Rinse beans.
- Heat oil in 6-quart kettle. Add mushrooms, onion, carrots, celery, and garlic and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, sage, thyme, oregano, pepper, and bay leaf. Cover and cook over medium heat for 20 minutes.
- Cook macaroni according to directions on package, using unsalted water. Drain when cooked. Do not overcook.
- Combine reserved bean liquid with water to make 4 cups.
- Add liquid, beans, and cooked macaroni to vegetable mixture.
- Bring to boil. Cover and simmer until soup is thoroughly heated. Stir occasionally.
|Serving Size||1 cup|
|Saturated Fat||less than 1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||5 mg|
A systematic review found that participants given chewing gum after abdominal surgery may have a faster return to normal for their digestive system. Unfortunately, the quality of trials is low and more research will need to be done before this simple solution is confirmed.
Early Peanut Consumption Associated with Lower Risk of Peanut Allergy in High Risk Children
Breastfeeding May Decrease the Risk of Childhood Obesity
Tonsillectomy May Reduce Number of Sore Throat Days in Children