|Quick cooking oats||1 cup|
|Whole wheat flour||¼ cup|
|Ground almonds||¼ cup|
|Brown sugar||2 tablespoons|
|Vegetable oil||3 tablespoons|
|Packed brown sugar||¼ cup|
|Ground cinnamon||½ teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||¼ teaspoon|
|Canned pumpkin||1 cup|
|Evaporated skim milk||2/3 cup|
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Mix oats, flour, almonds, sugar, and salt together in small mixing bowl.
- Blend oil and water together in measuring cup with fork or small wire whisk until emulsified.
- Add oil mixture to dry ingredients and mix well. If needed, add small amount of water to hold mixture together.
- Press into a 9 inch pie pan and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until light brown.
- Turn down oven to 350ºF.
- Mix sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt together in a bowl.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix to blend ingredients.
- Add pumpkin and milk and stir to combine.
- Pour into prepared pie shell.
- Bake 45 minutes at 350ºF or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
|Serving Size||1/9 of a 9 inch pie|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
A systematic review found that participants given chewing gum after abdominal surgery may have a faster return to normal for their digestive system. Unfortunately, the quality of trials is low and more research will need to be done before this simple solution is confirmed.
Early Peanut Consumption Associated with Lower Risk of Peanut Allergy in High Risk Children
Breastfeeding May Decrease the Risk of Childhood Obesity
Tonsillectomy May Reduce Number of Sore Throat Days in Children