|Black pepper||1/8 teaspoon|
|Chicken breasts, boned, skinless||4 (5 ounces)|
|Olive oil||1 tablespoon|
|Marsala wine||½ cup|
|Chicken stock, skim fat from top||½ cup|
|Fresh lemon juice||½ lemon|
|Sliced mushrooms||½ cup|
|Fresh parsley, chopped||1 tablespoon|
- Mix together pepper, salt, and flour. Coat chicken with seasoned flour.
- In a heavy-bottomed skillet, heat oil. Place chicken breasts in skillet and brown on both sides. Then remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- To the skillet, add wine and stir until the wine is heated. Add juice, stock, and mushrooms. Stir to toss, reduce heat, and cook for about 10 minutes until the sauce is partially reduced.
- Return browned chicken breasts to skillet. Spoon sauce over the chicken.
- Cover and cook for about 5-10 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Serve sauce over chicken. Garnish with chopped parsley.
|Serving Size||1 chicken breast with 1/3 cup sauce|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
A systematic review found that participants given chewing gum after abdominal surgery may have a faster return to normal for their digestive system. Unfortunately, the quality of trials is low and more research will need to be done before this simple solution is confirmed.
Early Peanut Consumption Associated with Lower Risk of Peanut Allergy in High Risk Children
Breastfeeding May Decrease the Risk of Childhood Obesity
Tonsillectomy May Reduce Number of Sore Throat Days in Children