|Olive oil||2 + 2 teaspoons|
|Garlic, thinly sliced||2 cloves|
|Spinach, washed and dried||½ pound|
|Feta cheese, crumbled (about ½ cup)||2 ounces|
|Roasted red peppers, chopped||¼ cup|
|Freshly ground pepper to taste|
Pork tenderloin, trimmed and butterflied
- Preheat oven to 450˚F.
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven or large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and sauté for 30 seconds. Add spinach and sauté for another couple of minutes, until wilted.
- In a medium bowl, combine spinach mixture with the feta and red peppers. Drain any excess fluid from the mixture and season with salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- Spread the spinach and feta mixture over the center of the butterflied pork. Fold the pork together over the filling and then use kitchen string to tie it together in 4 places.
- Heat remaining oil in a large, ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add tenderloin and sear on all sides until browned. Transfer skillet to oven and continue cooking for another 15 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Let rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing.
3.5 lean meats; 0.5 medium fat substitutes; 1 fat; 1 vegetable
Side Suggestions: Sweet Potato Fries
Preheat oven to 400° F. Slice 1 medium sweet potato into ½-inch thick strips. Place in a single layer on a cookie sheet, and drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil and ¼ teaspoon salt. Bake 40-50 minutes, turning once, until cooked through and slightly crisp. Nutrition Info (for ½ of recipe): 118 calories; 14 g carbohydrate; 1 g protein; 7 g fat (1 g sat); 2 g fiber; 196 mg sodium. Exchanges: 1.5 fats; 0.5 starches.
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
Exercise during pregnancy has been associated with many benefits for mom and baby. This review supports the trend and finds that even one day of purposeful activity per week may reduce the need for cesarean birth.
Maternal Caffeine Intake May Be Associated with Low Birth Weight
Prevent Eczema in Kids with a Daily Dose of Moisturizer
Broccoli Sprout Compound Associated with Reduction in Autism Symptoms