Your Daily Spiritual Stimulus

Your Daily Spiritual Stimulus

A Call for Prayer Warriors

posted by dprice
I am a big believer in the power of prayer and with all that is happening in the world around us, I invite you to join me in becoming a great Prayer Warrior.

A Prayer Warrior is someone who is willing to commit to a daily, heartfelt prayer practice…and who is willing to pray alone, for others, with others, and even for strangers. The world desperately needs all of our prayers, now more than ever. I trust and believe that with the constant, incessant roar of our collective prayers, we can all help heal the world and this country in this time of great need.

When we have cultivated our faith and are tapped into the power of God, we are open to receiving the signs and messages that serve as direction and guideposts in our life. However, the practice and exercise of faith and prayer is not unlike becoming a great dancer. We can all dance. But only those who are willing to commit time and energy to the practice of dancing become great dancers.

To become a Prayer Warrior takes practice, but the results can be powerful and miraculous. Prayer is a form of direct collaboration with God that allows us to be connected to his invisible force – like a tether that you know is always there and can tug on whenever you need  - and know that God is always there on the other end of the line.

We can all move through this challenging time with greater ease by becoming great Prayer Warriors. Are you willing to join me on this journey? If so, here is what I invite you to do:

1. Pray every day upon rising and before going to bed.

2. Ask for guidance on how you can be of service to your family and community.

3. Pray for help and relief to those who are in financial struggle; food for the hungry; shelter for those without homes.

4. Pray for aid, guidance and support in your own life, for your employer, your neighbors and your community.

5. Pray for the economy to become healthy and strong.

6. Pray to become financially aware and empowered.

7. Join one of Beliefnet’s prayer circles and connect with other Prayer Warriors.

8. Read the passage below for inspiration and to remind you of your commitment to being a great Prayer Warrior.

Pray for what you cannot see.
Pray clearly
for what you can only faintly grasp.
Pray silently
from the core of your being.
Pray for healing.
Pray for humanity.
Pray lovingly
Pray deeply —
pray so deeply that
the prayer and the praying
become one.

~Charles Elkind

Together we can overcome. Peace & Blessings!

Your Name

posted March 15, 2009 at 12:44 pm

Help me pray for a job, money for life’s essentials. Been unemployed since Oct.08 and live with my son who also recently lost his job due to company closing. He is behind on his mortgage and we are in fear of having no where to live and he has 2 yr. old son. We all need to pray for our country and our leaders for guidance in this uncertain time of our lives!

LutheranChik

posted March 15, 2009 at 7:09 pm

I have to say that I find the term “prayer warriors” somewhat offputting — to me there’s a connotation of bellicosity and culture wars that makes me uncomfortable. But, having said that, let me tell you a story:
I am part of a weblog of women involved in ministry — pastors/priests, religious, laywomen. One of my weblog friends is an Anglican priest in the UK. As is her custom and responsibility as a priest in the C of E, she prays the Daily Office every morning and evening. One morning she was in the small chapel next to the main sanctuary of her church, praying, when she noticed a stranger sitting in a pew. She was rather startled by this presence, especially so early in the morning, but she continued with the liturgy, and after she was done she went to introduce herself to him. The stranger said that he was a regular walker in the neighborhood, and often stopped inside the chapel to enjoy the quiet, reverent atmosphere. He then told my friend he was perplexed by her going through a liturgy without anyone else present.
“I do it because it’s my job,” she explained to him.
I’d suggest that those of us who don’t see ourselves as “warriors” may nonetheless see ourselves, when we pray, as workers in the Reign of God. And that is an important job; one that touches the lives of others in real ways.

Someone who needs help

posted March 16, 2009 at 12:14 am

I have helped people all my life and I never thought I would be in this situation. I am losing my home of 15 years. I have children that live with me and both of my parents have passed on. I hope I don’t end up homeless. I have lent people money, helped with their families, worked in the community as a volunteer and I never thought I would have no one to help me. I have given and given and it is sooooo depressing. I just pray that god will come to my rescue. I don’t have anyone else to turn to. I need everyones prayers.

Your Name

posted March 17, 2009 at 6:45 am

There is power in every prayer.Prayer is a privelege to be in union with our Creator.God is a Spirit,so we will worship Him in
Spirit,too.Prayer is my ultimate weapon when everything have been
exhausted,it is our first and last hope to overcome!

Patty Thomson

posted March 18, 2009 at 8:56 pm

I believe in prayer and faith. Some timees in these very rough times, I have to remind myself everyday of my faith. I have prayers warriers and thanks god I do!
Thanks for the article. A good one to remember

Brenda Armstead

posted March 19, 2009 at 11:25 am

I believe in the power of prayer. I know that the bible said: “Again I say you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.” (Matt. 18:19vs). “For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.”(Matt. 18:20vs). I am glad to be joined with these dynamic prayer warriors. I want prayer to be obedient to God,take a bold stand to speak the truth in love. I want the Lord to stir up the spiritual gifts in me and give me a hungry appetite for His word and to help me to make wise decisions in my life.

Your Name

posted March 25, 2009 at 6:41 am

I believe through god all things are possible and i know that only through him will we be able to overcome these dark times. I have my own personal tragedy that i have to deal with but i know that i wont have to deal with it alone. I know that god is with me always and so i dont want any of god’s children to feel as if they are alone in these dark times that’s why i am honored to help. Believe that god wont let you down because no matter what he wont. God Bless everyone

Your Name

posted March 25, 2009 at 6:44 am

I want everyone to know that god is with us always, even in these dark times he is there. I would proudly pray for any of god’s children because the truth is he has helped me through so much and showed me so much love that i feel it would be wrong for me not to share it with others

Shawn Smith

posted April 26, 2009 at 7:17 pm

Please pray for a job to be able to provide for my family. And the peace of the Lord to help with the stress as it is not good for my wife in her medical condition.

Seema

posted October 4, 2012 at 4:11 am

Hi I need a prayer for Raising the dead back to life, my husband died suddenly at young age on 22nd September 2012 and was buried on 26th September 2012, I believe our God is God of Justice,& He knows i have no one to look after me, no family no friends, am renting i cant work because i have tumor, I dependent everything on my husband & Jesus Christ & God our heavenly knows it all. In the Bible in Mathew 10:8 Jesus gave us authority to raise the dead & in Hebrews 11:35 with faith woman received their dead relatives back to life. Please Pray to Heavenly Father & Jesus Christ to please Bless & Raise my husband back to life & for this I will do anything Jesus wants me to do. I love my husband very much we were married for 10 yrs,we went thru lots of trials and this was my hardest trial,I didn’t loss hope, I still have faith in God, I dont want any other man in my life, I only want my husband Sailesh Aarav Nath Mohan. with God all things are possible please my brother’s & sister’s do pray for my husband to be raised back to life please. if u all will pray with faith then this is possible raising of the dead.Please I beg of u to Pray for God to return me my husband back, If he doesn’t come back I will have no choice but to commit suicide as I cannot survive on my own,am sick I cannot work, no one to help me here, my husband was the only one who took good care of me, i don’t know why God took him,am helpless please Jesus Christ give me my husband back please!I know Jesus can raise him back to life,thats why I want as much people possible to pray for Sailesh Aarav Nath Mohan to be raised back to life. God said in the Bible if we seek him we can find him, my husband was a very devoted Christian & me too.I will anything God will want me to do,Just pray for God to raise him,my heart is so heavy,tears just don’t stop,am in deep pain because of the loss of my husband,what am going through only God the father & Jesus Christ can help me and i have full faith in Jesus Christ & heavenly father that they will raise my husband back to life,I love my Jesus christ and i love my heavenly father a lot,and I also love my husband very much Thank u & May God Bless U

Farewell, My Friends: May You Discover Your Own Rich Life
Sadly, today is my last blog on Beliefnet. It has been a tremendous pleasure and honor to have been a part of your lives for the last year. In parting, I want you to know that I hope to continue to be a resource to you through my work at The Money Coaching Institute. Our work as Money Coaches contin

posted 9:45:18pm Mar. 11, 2010 | read full post »

Wednesday's Blessing
Great Spirit, God, Creator of All I welcome You into my heart, mind, body and soul There is always room for You here. Grant me the wisdom to heed my inner voice And the strength to stay grounded while I sing my sacred song. Guide me down my chosen path and give me the courage to pursue what is avail

posted 10:25:31pm Mar. 10, 2010 | read full post »

Are You a Pessimist or Optimist?
I don't know about you but it feels to me that things are getting better. Our nation and the economy still have it's problems, but a hint of positive change does seem to be in the air, doesn't it? Or maybe, it's that spring is on the way and I'm feeling optimistic. Truth be told, I'm a bit tired of

posted 10:49:21pm Mar. 09, 2010 | read full post »

Are You a Shopaholic? An Interview with psychologist, April Lane Benson
I recently had the pleasure of meeting the reknown psychologist, April Lane Benson, at a conference in Arizona, where we were both keynote speakers. April's an expert in compulsive shopping. Afterwards, we had a chance to have lunch together and she gave me a copy of her new book, To Buy Or Not To B

posted 9:49:54am Mar. 08, 2010 | read full post »

Dealing With Our Money "Disorders"
Lately, it seems like the list of society's "money disorders" seems to be growing by the day. Common money issues today include: compulsive shopping, financial infidelity, debt addiction, hoarding, money phobia, compulsive gambling, financial enabling, and chronic under-earning.  What can we do

posted 11:35:27pm Mar. 04, 2010 | read full post »