Your Charmed Life

Your Charmed Life

The top 10 things we should all be hearing, Part I

posted by Victoria Moran

spiritual scene.jpg

1. Nobody is better than you.

2. What you want is what you’re supposed to be wanting right now.

3. You deserve a remarkable life.

4. Doing something to feel good isn’t just okay; it’s vital.

5. Make your life pretty. It will help.

6. You are so incredibly beautiful.

7. There is nothing to be afraid of.

8. Everything is okay, if you could see from a broader
vantage point, you’d know that. The reason for faith is because we’re living
here in the forest where we can only see trees.

9. The way the earth judges and measures is just screwy
judging and measuring. Things like fame and money are fine if they make you
happy, but in terms of what matters, they’re not even in the ballpark.

10. You are so incredibly loved. And valuable. And
important. And treasured.

Part II comes next Tuesday.

Victoria Moran is a spiritual-life and holistic health and nutrition coach with a practice in New York City and telephone clients throughout North America. To learn more about her coaching services, go to www.victoriamoran.com/coaching.

Your Name

posted November 10, 2009 at 3:32 pm

thanks very much for this list…it’s exactly what i needed today!

Barbara Christenson

posted November 10, 2009 at 4:03 pm

What nice reminders, Victoria. Actually, these would provide the basis for some wonderful affirmations. I saw the article about you in the Unity magazine. Nice!

Christina

posted November 10, 2009 at 5:05 pm

I always love your lists…this one included! I’m particularly fond of number 2 as I’m really wanting to move right now. I know it is the right thing and item 2 on this list made me feel even better about it. Thank you!

Angelwitch

posted November 10, 2009 at 6:30 pm

thank you very much for this inspiring blog post. I was feeling kind of down til I read it!

Jan

posted November 10, 2009 at 6:47 pm

Loved this list. I agree, the list would make great affirmations. How about some affirmation/prayer cards?

Nina

posted November 10, 2009 at 7:09 pm

Thank you. Just the very best things to hear and hear and ….

Gayle

posted November 10, 2009 at 9:29 pm

I agree, this is lovely, but I have a gentle complaint (as a Chaplain used to say.” “The earth” does not judge you, people do. The earth is beautiful and non-judgmental. In natural disasters like hurricanes, it doesn’t choose its victims.

ceegee

posted November 11, 2009 at 8:49 am

Thank you. That made me feel so much better. God bless you.

Norris Chumley

posted November 11, 2009 at 8:58 am

Victoria,
Yet again, a wonderful post. Just love this!
Thanks so much. You’re so great.
Dr. Norris

Rebecca

posted November 11, 2009 at 11:49 am

Thanks for the great reminders, especially “there’s nothing to be afraid of.”

Ryan

posted November 11, 2009 at 4:04 pm

#9 just made my week.
Thanks for posting.

victoria Moran

posted November 11, 2009 at 4:21 pm

Thanks, everybody, for all these beautiful comments. And, Gayle, re “earth.” I didn’t mean earth in the sense of planet, but rather matter as opposed to spirit. I forget sometimes that a lot of people’s spirituality is intensely tied with nature. Mine isn’t, so my wording doesn’t always reflect the respect I have for people who find meaning in natural things.

Gayle

posted November 12, 2009 at 10:01 pm

Thank you, Victoria, for your gracious reply. I over-react sometimes. I just finished reading “Traveling with Pomegranites” by Sue Monk Kidd. I loved the insights into religion and art and nature, the mother-daughter relationship, traveling pilgrimages, and writing. I think you would enjoy it, too.

Victoria Moran

posted November 13, 2009 at 6:22 am

Sue Monk Kidd is amazing. I was on a panel with her once. I think she will go down in future generations as an exceptional fiction writer.

Debbie

posted November 13, 2009 at 9:59 pm

“You deserve a remarkable life”
Love this!

Joan Stewart

posted November 30, 2009 at 12:08 pm

Victoria Moran, I don’t believe your services will ever be obsolete…despite technological advances…thanks for your inspiration and encouragement.

Tomorrow is my swan song ...
Hi, friends -- I mentioned a couple of weeks ago that I would be giving up this blog at the end of my contract period. It's not an easy parting, since I look forward to our chats, but I haven't been able to figure out how to blog every day, have something worth reading every day, and still keep enou

posted 5:53:10pm Dec. 14, 2009 | read full post »

My top 10 favorite posts of 2009
As my career as a daily blogger ends, I've looked back over the year and pulled out my favorite posts, the ones that meant the most to me, or that I had the most fun writing. I hope you'll enjoy reading (or rereading) these. It's been a privilege to share my thoughts with you.Victoria's Victorious B

posted 7:08:45am Dec. 14, 2009 | read full post »

Preparing for Christmas
I took a class on mysticism the other night at The NY Open Center. The instructor was Jon Mundy, Ph.D., who publishes Miracles magazine. He had copies available -- it's wonderful -- and one tiny article caught my eye. I reproduce it here for your Yuletide pondering:Did You Know?from Miracles, N

posted 8:35:03am Dec. 11, 2009 | read full post »

Peace on Earth ... but maybe not quiet ...
I just visited The Writers Room. It is a wonderful place where serious writers write lots and lots of real books: the evidence is on shelves when you walk in. I'm grateful that three professional contacts wrote me glowing recommendations and thrilled that I've been invited to join. But I don't think

posted 5:03:59pm Dec. 10, 2009 | read full post »

Do You Use the Guest Towels? -- a guest blog from Elizabeth Grant
Do You Use the Guest Towels?  by Elizabeth A. Grant One of the greatest obstacles I see with clients is that people have trouble valuing themselves highly. Somewhere along the line, they took on a belief that they aren't worth much. A friend of mine is an artist, and she's really struggling wit

posted 10:40:34am Dec. 09, 2009 | read full post »