Growing up in the south, Easter desserts were lavish, creative, and sugar filled.
This recipe is among the many recipes from my mom I use in my own home.
Gluten Free Strawberry Torte:
- 11 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 2 (12 ounce) packages ladyfinger cookies
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen strawberries
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Strain strawberries and set aside, reserving juices. In a saucepan bring cornstarch and strawberry juice to a gentle boil. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Whip cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla together.
- In a separate bowl beat whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Fold whipped cream into cream cheese mixture.
- Arrange ladyfingers around sides and bottom of the 8 or 9 inch springform pan, standing ladyfingers lengthwise around sides of pan. Pour 1/2 of the filling into the pan, then place a layer of ladyfingers on top of filling. Pour remaining filling over ladyfingers.
- Spread strawberry sauce over top of cake and place the whole strawberries on top. Refrigerate and remove from pan once thoroughly chilled.
Share your favorite Easter recipe!