This Dysfunctional Chef was blown away by this easy to prepare and very satisfying bread pudding!
3 large eggs
6 egg whites
2 cups milk *
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
pinch ground nutmeg
salt n’ pepper to taste (easy cowgirl, you can add more later)
1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
3/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
8 slices firm, healthy, whole grain bread, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- Preheat oven to 375 degree F.
- In large bowl, beat eggs, egg whites, milk, thyme, salt, pepper, and nutmeg until blended.
- Carefully, with loving kindness, sending good vibes through, with rubber spatula mix, blend, stir – harmonize – the spinach, Monterey Jack, and bread into the egg mixture.
- Pour mixture into lightly greased (or use non-stick spray) ceramic or glass baking dish, loaf size.
- Bake bread pudding until all pretty brown and puffy, making sure that when you insert the knife it comes out clean. About 24 minutes.
- Remove from oven; let breathe for 5 minutes or so before serving.
Spread the word … not the icing!
Life & Wellness Coach, Author, Weight Loss Artist
wise * fun * utterly useful
For the best life, wellness and weight loss wisdom, visit Janice:
Our Lady of Weight Loss
sign up for the Kick in the Tush Club e-letter
join and chat: Facebook/ a KICK in the TUSH CLUB
Become a Tushkateer! A Tushkateer is a person who receives Our Lady of Weight Loss’s newsletter, called the KICK in the TUSH CLUB!!! Sign up and receive her weekly e-newsletter with all the news that ‘fit’ to print, and you are automatically a Tushkateer! How cool is that?