Who is Lord of the Fries in your house?
This week’s Get Jiggy Weight Loss JigSaw Puzzle features the French fry!
Did you know that …
1. French fries account for more than 1/4th of all potatoes sold in the US.
2. The average American eats 30 pounds of French fries a year.
3. In 2007 total world production of potatoes was more than 320 million tons.
4. In 1802, Thomas Jefferson served French style potatoes at a White House dinner.
5. French fries are called pommes frites in France.
6. McDonalds sells more than 1/3 of all the French fries sold in restaurants in the U.S. each year
7. In Europe, French Fries are usually eaten with a miniature, wood fork.
8. In America, French Fries are usually eaten with the fingers.
And finally … the most important and utterly useful fact about the French dry!
9. In order to burn off the calories ingested from a medium order of French fries, you need to complete 58 minutes of cycling, 90 minutes of bowling, 47 minutes of high impact aerobics. (Source: Simply French Fries)
Chew on those 9 fun-filled facts while you click through this week’s JigSaw Weight Loss puzzle, “Lord of the Fries,” and remember … clicking burns calories, keeps your hands and mind busy!
Join … A Kick in the Tush Clubis on Facebook! Join and share in the conversation!
Spread the word … not the icing!
Life & Wellness Coach, Author
Self-Help / Weight Loss Artist
wise * fun * utterly useful
For the best life, wellness and weight loss wisdom, visit Janice:
Our Lady of Weight Loss
sign up for the Kick in the Tush Club e-letter
join and chat: Facebook/ a KICK in the TUSH CLUB
Become a Tushkateer!
A Tushkateer is a person who receives Our Lady of Weight Loss’s newsletter, called the KICK in the TUSH CLUB!!! Sign up and receive her weekly e-newsletter with all the news that ‘fit’ to print, and you are automatically a Tushkateer! How cool is that?