I was clicking through Valerie Reiss’s gallery piece this morning, “Gratitude from A to Z“.
As Valerie brilliantly points out, “counting your blessings is simple to the point of stupid – and powerful to the point of life-altering.”
Anyway … while taking in all that there is to be grateful for – from apples to clouds to yakking (very clever Valerie!!!), I was awash with gratitude and deep thanks for all that I have vs. what I don’t have! (Ought oh – almost went there! Backing up now and going gratitude again!)
In that happy state of mind, I whipped out my favorite feather pen and notebook, and I jotted down 5 things that I am grateful for, which brings me to the above photo of my favorite Weight Loss Art project – “My Gratitude Girdle.”
I am eternally grateful to Our Lady of Weight Loss, the patron saint of permanent fat removal, who first revealed herself to me at one of those group meetings where people obsess about food and weight!
Our Lady brought joy and purpose to my life and she helped me to permanently remove over 50 pounds, making me most grateful for not having to wear a girdle anymore!!!
I invite you to start a gratitude journal. Write down 5 things that you are grateful for each morning and/or evening – and if journaling is not your thing, feel free to dig deep in your chest of drawers and find that old girdle, grab a bunch of fabric pens, glitter tape, orange fur – whatever – and fill it with gratitude!
More Fat-Free, Cal-Free, Carb-Free fill up!!
5 Quick Steps: BE a WEIGHT LOSS WARRIOR
Appetite! Filling the Empty Void
Spread the word … NOT the icing!
Does your weight loss chart look like an EKG?
In need of a coach? Write Janice!
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
Search This Blog
About Our Lady Of Weightloss"Janice Taylor is a 'kooky genius'"
~ O, The Oprah Magazine
Janice Taylor is a Weight Loss Coach and Certified Hypnotist, author, artist and motivational speaker. She is the author of Our Lady of Weight Loss: Miraculous and Motivational Musings from the Patron Saint of Permanent Fat Removal and All Is Forgiven, Move On: Our Lady of Weight Loss's 101 Fat-Burning Steps on Your Journey to Sveltesville (publication date May 15, 2008). Janice is also the creator of the popular e-newsletter Kick in the Tush Club and a 50-pound big-time-loser.
Books By Janice:
- #OneWord Thursday: 9 Simple But Not Easy Quotes to Chew On This Holiday Season
- Chewing the Fat: What’s Your Worst Thing Ever?
- Kick in the Tush Tuesday: 2015 – Manifesting Your Dreams
- Click Yourself Thin: Happy and Delicious Weight Loss
- Cooking Up a Healthy Storm: Christmas Carrot Risotto
- #OneWord Thursday: An Invitation to Lower Your #Expectations
- Kick in the Tush Tuesday: Out of Control? You are not alone…
- Holiday Puzzle? Happiness Served Up Simple and Plentiful
- #OneWord Thursday: #Holiday Quotes – Blessed Is the Season
- How Can You Recharge Your Tired Self During the Holiday Season?