Janice Taylor, Beliefnet blogger, reporting in from Omega Institute of Holistic Studies in The Catskills, New York.
Our Lady of Weight Loss and I are leading a workshop entitled “Our Lady of Weight Loss EnLIGHTens.” (She always gets top billing!) There are about twenty fabulous people in Our Lady’s group.
Yesterday’s afternoon session centered around taking a good long and honest look at our self-limiting beliefs and excuses. In other words, we explored our very brilliant “Stay Fat Strategies.”
Think about it. If you have been ‘trying’ to lose weight, permanently remove the excess and have not succeeded, then you’ve implemented your very own ‘stay fat strategy,’ haven’t you? And it stands to reason that if you have figured out how to stay fat or stuck, then you are capable of turning your strategy around, doesn’t it?
As you know, it is Our Lady of Weight Loss’s mission to make weight loss fun. So we are most definitely having lots of laughs as we learn about ourselves and ‘let go’ of our excuses, ‘let go’ of what’s holding us back.
Here are some of the fun strategies from us at Omega to you (wherever you might be)!
Top Ten Strategies on How to Stay Fat!
1. Blame someone else; our mother, husband, kids … anyone else!
2. Wear stretchy clothes.
3. Never partake in activities that make you sweat.
4. Go grocery shopping when hungry, and be sure to bust open a bag of chips before you hit the check-out line (yes, do pay for them).
5. Declare Friday greasy pizza day.
6. Delude thyself … often.
7. Believe that food tastes better at midnight.
8. Eat out A LOT.
9. Drink alcohol when eating out.
10. Chocolate always and forever!
How are you keeping yourself stuck?
More on how to stay stuck and fat! The full platter!!
The Watermelon Angel: Dessert Straight Up
10 Healthy Summer Recipes
Spread the word … NOT the icing,
Follow Janice on Twitter:
Janice Taylor is a Life & Wellness Coach, specializing in weight loss, reinvention, transformation & happiness, author, seminar leader and 50-pound-BIG-Time-LOSER! Write Janice for an Introductory Coaching Session.
For more motivation and inspiration, join the Kick in the Tush Club: Beliefnet Chapter.
“Janice Taylor is a certain kind of kooky genius ~ see if her idiosyncratic diet plan will work for you.” ~ O, The Oprah Magazine
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
Search This Blog
About Our Lady Of Weightloss"Janice Taylor is a 'kooky genius'"
~ O, The Oprah Magazine
Janice Taylor is a Weight Loss Coach and Certified Hypnotist, author, artist and motivational speaker. She is the author of Our Lady of Weight Loss: Miraculous and Motivational Musings from the Patron Saint of Permanent Fat Removal and All Is Forgiven, Move On: Our Lady of Weight Loss's 101 Fat-Burning Steps on Your Journey to Sveltesville (publication date May 15, 2008). Janice is also the creator of the popular e-newsletter Kick in the Tush Club and a 50-pound big-time-loser.
Books By Janice:
- Eat This: Lose Weight – Chick Pea Curry
- #OneWord Thursday: 9 Simple But Not Easy Quotes to Chew On This Holiday Season
- Chewing the Fat: What’s Your Worst Thing Ever?
- Kick in the Tush Tuesday: 2015 – Manifesting Your Dreams
- Click Yourself Thin: Happy and Delicious Weight Loss
- Cooking Up a Healthy Storm: Christmas Carrot Risotto
- #OneWord Thursday: An Invitation to Lower Your #Expectations
- Kick in the Tush Tuesday: Out of Control? You are not alone…
- Holiday Puzzle? Happiness Served Up Simple and Plentiful
- #OneWord Thursday: #Holiday Quotes – Blessed Is the Season