Our Lady of Weight Loss has whispered (and sometimes yelled) at least a gazillion Permanent Fat Removal (a.k.a. weight loss) tips to me as I ‘let go’ of 50 extra pounds on my journey to Sveltesville over these past seven years.
The following are the tips she’s re-mentioned just this week. OLofWL thinks it’s important to hear things more than once, allowing the vital information to reach the recesses of our minds, giving us ample opportunity to soak it in and make these changes permanent! We are creating a new lifestyle here; we are not just losing weight and finding it again.
Our Lady of Weight Loss’s Top 10 Tush-Kickin’ Permanent Fat Removal Tips
1. Food Is NOT the Main Course There are other ways to satisfy and satiate. Make art; write; garden; walk backwards.
2. Spice It Up. Use plenty of ginger, cayenne, jalapeno peppers and Tabasco sauce. It can boost your fat-burning ability up to 25%.
3. Sleep Baby Sleep. Your metabolism rises 40% if you get enough sleep.
4. Listen to feel-good music when you have the urge to binge. Researchers found that music activates the same feel-good center of the brain that eating your favorite foods does.
5. Drink green tea. Green tea extract contains a substance that may help burn fat. Try to drink three cups a day.
6. Walk on the sunny side of the street. Try to spend twenty minutes a day sitting outside or, if not possible, try sitting by a sunny window. Sunlight helps to control food cravings and helps mood in general.
7. Yo-Gert. Studies show that yogurt promotes weight loss. Three 6 oz. no-fat containers per day! Not the heavy duty fruity kind.
8. Exercise is Cumulative. If you don’t have the time, divide your exercise along the day. Three 15 minute segments equals one 45 minute workout. No excuses, get moving.
9.Floss those Pearly Whites. Flossing and brushing promote weight loss. Taste and food particles linger in your mouth and can trigger the desire to eat. Get those morsels out!
10. Stairway to Heaven: Opt for the stairs instead of the elevator whenever possible.