Our Lady of Weight Loss has whispered (and sometimes yelled) at least a gazillion Permanent Fat Removal (a.k.a. weight loss) tips to me as I ‘let go’ of 50 extra pounds on my journey to Sveltesville over these past seven years.
The following are the tips she’s re-mentioned just this week. OLofWL thinks it’s important to hear things more than once, allowing the vital information to reach the recesses of our minds, giving us ample opportunity to soak it in and make these changes permanent! We are creating a new lifestyle here; we are not just losing weight and finding it again.
Our Lady of Weight Loss’s Top 10 Tush-Kickin’ Permanent Fat Removal Tips
1. Food Is NOT the Main Course There are other ways to satisfy and satiate. Make art; write; garden; walk backwards.
2. Spice It Up. Use plenty of ginger, cayenne, jalapeno peppers and Tabasco sauce. It can boost your fat-burning ability up to 25%.
3. Sleep Baby Sleep. Your metabolism rises 40% if you get enough sleep.
4. Listen to feel-good music when you have the urge to binge. Researchers found that music activates the same feel-good center of the brain that eating your favorite foods does.
5. Drink green tea. Green tea extract contains a substance that may help burn fat. Try to drink three cups a day.
6. Walk on the sunny side of the street. Try to spend twenty minutes a day sitting outside or, if not possible, try sitting by a sunny window. Sunlight helps to control food cravings and helps mood in general.
7. Yo-Gert. Studies show that yogurt promotes weight loss. Three 6 oz. no-fat containers per day! Not the heavy duty fruity kind.
8. Exercise is Cumulative. If you don’t have the time, divide your exercise along the day. Three 15 minute segments equals one 45 minute workout. No excuses, get moving.
9.Floss those Pearly Whites. Flossing and brushing promote weight loss. Taste and food particles linger in your mouth and can trigger the desire to eat. Get those morsels out!
10. Stairway to Heaven: Opt for the stairs instead of the elevator whenever possible.
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
Search This Blog
About Our Lady Of Weightloss"Janice Taylor is a 'kooky genius'"
~ O, The Oprah Magazine
Janice Taylor is a Weight Loss Coach and Certified Hypnotist, author, artist and motivational speaker. She is the author of Our Lady of Weight Loss: Miraculous and Motivational Musings from the Patron Saint of Permanent Fat Removal and All Is Forgiven, Move On: Our Lady of Weight Loss's 101 Fat-Burning Steps on Your Journey to Sveltesville (publication date May 15, 2008). Janice is also the creator of the popular e-newsletter Kick in the Tush Club and a 50-pound big-time-loser.
Books By Janice:
- Dysfunctional Chef: Spinach Spoon Bread
- #OneWord Thursday: #Winter Blues?
- Best Weight Loss Tip: 20 Minutes Heaven or Hell…You Decide!
- Kick Tush Tuesday: The Skinny Scoop on Laughter
- Beliefnet Feature: Fire Within — 8 Positive Things YOU Can Do In 30 Seconds
- #OneWord Thursday: How to #Survive!
- Kick in the Tush Tuesday: How FAT is YOUR Prefrontal Cortex?
- Puzzled? How Moso Magic Blows the Fat Cells Out of Your Mind!
- Eat This: Lose Weight – Smokin’ Turkey Chili
- #OneWord Thursday: New Year, New #YOU!!!