Now that I know everyone’s top ten albums, what about books?
If I was packing and could only bring ten books, I’d pick the following…wrapped in sheets of poems numerous as styrofoam peanuts, of course… (Rilke! Rumi! Sexton! Whitman! the Beats!)
And if I contradict myself…well, you know what Walt says….
1. Catcher in the Rye -Salinger
2. Nightwood -Djuna Barnes
3. When Kafka Was the Rage -Anatole Broyard
4. When I Was Five I Killed Myself -Howard Buten
5. Echo -Francesca Lia Block (runner-ups: Weetzie Bat and I Was A Teenage Fairy)
6. Narcissus and Goldmund -Herman Hesse
7. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory -Roald Dahl
8. The Bell Jar -Sylvia Plath
9. The Power of Now -Eckart Tolle
10. A blank notebook to write my own, even if it doesn’t read as good later
(my apologies to all those great books I can’t fit here or am forgetting…I feel like I’m trying to remember my list of ‘thank you’s at the Oscars the the exit music is playing……)
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
Search This Blog
- More blogs to enjoy!!!
- Mixing technology and practice
- Wisdom 2.0
- The Buddha at Work – “All we are is dust in the wind, dude.”
- Sometimes You Find Enlightenment by Punching People in the Face
- A Handful of Leaves (is free)
- Dharma Poetry: W. H. Auden, a Reflection on Haiti and Human Suffering
- Buddha was a conservative
- What would Sid do: I’m stuck in a rut
- Generation Distracted
- garcinia cambogia plus dietary supplement on Heard in One City
- garcinia cambogia dr oz miracle pill on Podcast: “Crushed By Love” with Purna Steinitz Pt.1
- slim Fast on Would Sid eat meat?
- Hannelore on Eight years later and a whole new set of hopes
- vitamax garcinia cambogia side effects on Meditation and Yoga: Necessary Companions?