O Me of Little Faith

O Me of Little Faith

Family Portraits with Jesus

posted by Jason Boyett

If you are like me, then you know that the thing that’s missing from your family portraits is the Lord Jesus Christ. And not just any Jesus, but a youngish white-dude Jesus with a clean complexion and a nicely trimmed beard. And a robe.

Well, you’re in luck, because a photography studio in Utah now offers the holiest of props: a real, live Jesus to put in your portrait!

At Kay Paintings & Photography in Salt Lake City, the proprietor wants everyone to “feel the joy of seeing their family with Christ.” So for a couple hundred bucks, 1-3 of your children can get an 11×14 photograph of them feeling joy with the King of Kings.

JesusPortrait2.jpg

jesusportrait.jpg

I am not making this up. But I wish I were. Click here to see more photographic examples from Kay Paintings & Photography.

[Thanks, Christian Nightmares, for alerting us to this praiseworthy photo package.]

Russ Nemec

posted June 25, 2010 at 9:09 am

I hate to be one who disparages another person’s artwork, but these are pretty bad. Why does everyone look plastic and all the backgrounds look pastel?
I’m interested in what the photo session is like. Is the Jesus guy there? Or is he inserted later?

Jason Boyett

posted June 25, 2010 at 9:18 am

I think the Jesus guy is actually there. In real life. Then the backgrounds seem to have been added (poorly) in Photoshop.

Kristian

posted June 25, 2010 at 10:12 am

If they’d do one with life-size Flying Spaghetti Monster, I’d be taking my kids in.

Esther

posted June 25, 2010 at 11:22 am

I think the little girl sitting on the ground is not buying this whole gig. There will be therapy to work this crap out someday…

Adam

posted June 25, 2010 at 2:40 pm

This is better then the Olin Mills photos. Hilarious!

Susie

posted June 25, 2010 at 3:01 pm

Wow. I really have nothing else to say.
(well, except that I’m kind of astonished that none of the guardian angel people are bashing you for this…)

Cecelia Dowdy

posted June 26, 2010 at 5:32 am

That’s just too weird!

Fastthumbs

posted June 26, 2010 at 4:07 pm

I really don’t see this as any different then taking a picture with Superman, Wonderwoman, Spiderman, the X-men, Micky Mouse or other comic book characters. And if you believe in Jesus, what’s the difference with this and taking pictures with other historical figures such as George Washington, Abe Lincoln, Napolean, Julius Ceasor, etc. ?

Jon H

posted June 28, 2010 at 8:51 pm

There seems to be some photo manipulation going on there too. His widow’s peak doesn’t seem entirely natural.
Ever see that kids show “Lazytown”, with the puppet-kids, and the real girl with a pink wig, and the villain who played by a person, but his head looks all rubbery and his chin is enormous?
It’s kinda like that. An unsettling mixture of real and unreal.

Jason Boyett

posted June 29, 2010 at 10:44 am

Jon H:
Agreed. My kids were into “Lazytown” for a brief but terrifying season of our lives.