- Barre Center for Buddhist Studies
- Basic Mindfulness
- Bow Down Yoga
- Cambridge Insight Meditation Society
- Exquisite Mind Psychotherapy and Meditation Studio
- Go Beyond Words: Wisdom Publications Buddhist Blog
- Imagine Zero
- Insight Meditation Society
- Lawyers With Depression
- Living Mindfully
- Maya Center for Integrated Medicine and Research
- Mindful Awareness Research Center
- Mindful Hiker
- Mindfulness & Psychotherapy
- One City
- Opening the Heart Workshop
- Polly Young-Eisendrath
- Rev. Sam Trumbore
- Saltwater Buddha
- Shao Shan Temple Spiritual Practice Center
- Shambhala SunSpace
- Stephen Batchelor
- The Frontal Corex
- The Mindful Path
- Tiny Buddha
- Todd Sargood
- Vajra Dakini Nunnery
- Vermont Digger
- Wisdom Publications
- Yoga Sanga
From Sunday August 4 to Friday August 9, I will be presenting this special workshop at the Kripalu Center for Yoga and Health.
If you are not familiar, Kripalu is a wonderful place. Nestled in the Berkshire Mountains, it is an oasis of peace, tranquility, and empowerment. I have the great fortune to teach there and I am pleased to present this new workshop in the 5-Day format. It is a spiritual vacation that just might change your life.
Here is my course description:
Do you have trouble getting out of your own way? Do you have a fear of missing out? Do you want more freedom from self-imposed rules, expectations, and limitations? Mindfulness has the power to release you from regret, perfectionism, and other forces that give rise to pervasive dissatisfaction and anguish.
– This workshop combines training in mindfulness meditation and Buddhist psychology with a creative narrative process called Story Art to free you from self-inflicted obstacles. In this program, you
– Learn basic mindfulness skills through formal and informal practices
– Uncover hidden rules, expectations, and stories that keep you stuck, frustrated, and unhappy
– Transcend the harsh internal critic and its proxies: restlessness, impatience, boredom, and distractibility
– Practice Story Art to deal with unsettled issues that are holding you back
– Gain a working, direct knowledge of the Buddha’s psychology.
This life-changing week engages you through mindful self-exploration, humor, poetry, heartfelt discussion, and a creative method for disarming painful and limiting stories.
We will spend time each day exploring the places where we have the most difficulty and using the Story Art process to open a space for change. We will meditate together and learn how to apply the Buddha’s basic teachings to live our lives free from unnecessary stress, anguish, and limitation.
I hope that you can join us. Please forward this along to any friends who might be interested.