Lynn v. Sekulow

Lynn v. Sekulow

Why Push Planned Parenthood?

posted by Jay Sekulow

I knew you were a staunch supporter of Planned Parenthood, but there’s one comment in your response that really has stunned me.  And, that’s not easy to do.  I can’t believe that you really believe that it is “morally outrageous that one of the most well-respected sources of information on sexuality and pregnancy prevention is given so little government funding…”   Barry, “so little” government funding?  Planned Parenthood receives hundreds of millions of dollars in federal taxpayer money each year – some $350-million last year alone.  You believe they need more taxpayer money?  How much more would you like to give them?  And, the only thing that’s “morally outrageous” is the fact that the federal government continues to fund the nation’s largest abortion provider with our tax dollars, year after year.

Not only are Americans fed up with subsidizing Planned Parenthood at the federal level, there’s growing concern at the local level as more communities take action to keep their state and local taxes from going to subsidize Planned Parenthood.

The Ohio example is just one of many.  In recent months, local communities across the country have said no to Planned Parenthood funding including Orange County, CaliforniaIn Tennessee, lawmakers voted to redirect more than one million dollars that would have gone to PP to local health organizations.  And, now there are new reports from Texas where a former Planned Parenthood employee says a clinic was pushing employees to strive for abortion quotas to boost profits.  The former employee, who quit after viewing an ultrasound-guided abortion, told a reporter that “abortion is the most lucrative part of Planned Parenthood’s operations.”

As we continue to pursue this very troubling multi-million dollar fraud case against Planned Parenthood affiliates in California, we’ll be watching a Supreme Court case very closely that could very well have a direct bearing on our fraud case.

On November 30th, the Justices will hear arguments in Graham County Soil & Water Conservation District v. U.S. ex. rel. Wilson, a very different case – but a case that raises similar issues addressed in our fraud case – issues involving the False Claims Act.  We’ve just filed an amicus brief with the Supreme Court in this case.

As I reported in my earlier postthe case we’re involved in is on appeal in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit. In that case, Gonzalez v. Planned Parenthood of Los Angeles (PPLA), we represent Victor Gonzalez, an ex-employee of the PPLA affiliate. He accuses the PP state affiliates of over billing to the tune of some $100 million. A federal district court threw the case out, however, on the basis of two supposed “public disclosures” of the information underlying the fraud claim. Both alleged disclosures came from state government proceedings. On appeal, we’re arguing that the state government disclosures should not bar Gonzalez’s suit.

The Graham County case, now before the Supreme Court, addresses the question to what extent, if any, state and local government disclosures can bar False Claims Act lawsuits. As you know, since Supreme Court decisions bind lower courts as well, a victory for the claimant in the Graham County case could translate directly into a victory for us in the California fraud case.

The Graham County case is important to the ability of citizens to blow the whistle on state and local government fraud. We’re urging the Supreme Court to read the False Claims Act in a way that is consistent with its text, structure, legislative history, and purpose of encouraging private citizens to root out frauds against the federal taxpayer.

That’s exactly the kind of citizen involvement that took place in our fraud case when Gonzalez blew the whistle on Planned Parenthood.

To subscribe to “Lynn v. Sekulow” click here.

Your Name

posted November 6, 2009 at 2:50 pm

Did I read that correctly? $350,000,000.00 dollars in funding with government tax dollars. They want more for the referring systems of abortion. Well, I don’t see one orphanage going up with one penny of tax dollars. Those same funds can be used for safe houses for women and children who need the government to help protect them from unhealthy living situations so they can have their babies instead of murder them under abortion policies. This would give them a fresh start. What I heard was that many abortions are chosen by the mother because she thinks she can not care for the child and give the child a home. Nor does she have the funds for pre-natel care. This would be life care. Not death care funding. I understand that safe sex controls unwanted pregnancies. So I understand that this helps society and the like.
As for Planned Parenthood giving out information to people to end the life of a humen being, that would be against The United States Constitution. Our posterity need to be defended and given a life of freedom like you and I. So let us save children, not end their life. Adoption is always a choice. This saves children from abortion when they don’t want the child.
Cara Floyd

DSJulian

posted November 6, 2009 at 6:26 pm

Very noble, Cara. Exactly how many unwanted children have you adopted so far?

Your Name

posted November 6, 2009 at 11:15 pm

Humans are not exactly an endangered species. In fact, overpopulation is quite a problem. Protecting children that were not intentionally conceived and parents that are not ready or prepared to raise them is not only socially irresponsible it’s environmentally irresponsible. The earth cannot sustain our growing population.
Cara are you willing for all your ‘posterity’ to die and the planet to reclaim its independence because as a species we were selfish and were ignorant enough to believe that religious teachings should be followed literally and interpreted word for word instead of realizing the message behind the story was intended to create fear and enable survival as a group of animals by avoiding having babies no one would take care of (fornication /adultery). It’s pretty sad you are so ignorant you can’t realize that the same need of keeping children born to families that would be able to take care of them through fear of religion is now served by abortion.
Why do you advocate taking away another womans right to make decisions about her own body – Do you regret your own actions? Typically when people react so strongly about something they are insecure about their own past.
Women fought for the right to vote, work, have the same rights as men. If we become pregnant (although I agree irresponsible) and are not prepared for the responsibility of such why take away an individual woman’s right to make a decision about what she wants to do?
Abortion does not advocate murder, but choice. By allowing the choice it doesn’t mean every pregnancy will be aborted, only those that the woman knows she is not ready for. Abortion is not murder. Stop hiding behind ignorance. Should we take away a womans right to choose how she raises her child? If she does not have the means or intelligence Should she have to give it up to the common good and let them decide where born children should live even if it’s not with their parents because it is better for ‘our posterity’? It’s a slippery slope when you start dictating what decisions people are able and not able to make for themselves.
I wish peace for all.
J

Chall8987

posted November 7, 2009 at 12:24 am

How can abortion be murder? Does the unborn fetus have an identity? Would you argue that eating seeds is the same as killing rain forests?
Frankly, the moral outrage over this issue is contrived and synthetic, a raw attempt to control other people which keeps poor people from rising out of poverty by overburdening them too many children. There are enough problems with real murder as it is. We don’t need to invent new ones to go along with them.

Russell Emmons

posted November 7, 2009 at 2:06 am

Hey I wanted to get in touch. I’m a law student in Tucson and I’m tryinig to get plugged in to Conservative organizations. Do you have any tips or advice that be helpful to me in this endeavours.

Boris

posted November 7, 2009 at 10:19 am

Yeah Russell. Grow a brain.

Your Name

posted November 7, 2009 at 2:25 pm

Just bend over, they’ll plug into you.

Your Name

posted November 7, 2009 at 6:12 pm

J,speak for yourself. I am protecting children or at least giving others written blogs which support keeping them alive. I will not look at a bunch of garbage supporting or justifying the murder by giving a bunch of blah blah blah. Basically watering down the fact that these babies need to be given rights like you and I. Call them a Fetus, a Zygote, or just a simple baby. They are just that, people. DSJulien, I have adopted children through sponsorship in the past. Right now my own children need my care presently. I pray for others in need when I do not have the necessary funds or are in pocession of things to help others. Chall8987, abortion and Embryonic Stem-Cell is real murder. No inventing necessary to realize that these are people maturing into funtioning babies with parts like you and I. Sorry, don’t fog the issue. Cara Floyd

Your Name

posted November 7, 2009 at 6:17 pm

Blog of J, you lied.

Your Name

posted November 9, 2009 at 12:01 am

Cara –
Wow – it must be interesting to be able to ignore facts and go through life pretending you’re right. Enjoy – I’m sure it’s brought you much success in your life. Have fun continuing in your path of ignorance.
J

stephen

posted November 9, 2009 at 4:42 am

Well humans are not endangered, and abortion is a very sensitive issue. There can never be one consensus. Religious minded people have a different opinion, people who are career minded have their own point of view and teenagers do not have a point of view because they have not seen life to the extent where their opinion would matter.

Your Name

posted November 9, 2009 at 2:06 pm

Re J:
Looks like your needing some sort of negative attention brought on by your blogs. So, here it is. I am not ignorant. Nor am I saying I am always right. So, your last blog is just a slander of lies once again. I am not in fear of my past, nor am I ashamed. It is people who bring up your past to try and abuse you in some slanderous fashion or give others a misconception of you that I am conscerned with. For J you do not know me. Do not presume because I stick up for the people who are murdered through abortion that I am ignorant. I am saying that these children are our children of our country which should not be denied a right to live and choose like you or I. Regardless of your religious beliefs or career intentions , this has nothing to do with them being people and keeping their life in tact because they are our future generations. Teenagers are misinformed in these decisions, in reference to it not being murder and that these children of abortion are somehow less valueable then you and I. Besides that, they are given science descriptions broken down in segmented time frames to make them sound like they are not people, but a blog of tissue forming. Like a jellyfish or something.
God Bless You,
Cara Floyd

Rapnsum

posted November 10, 2009 at 1:10 pm

You need to get a copy of the MOST riveting documentary about the REAL agenda of Planned Parenthood I have ever seen. It is called Maafa21 and it is well researched and will show the racist and black genocide agenda of abortion. Get a view here: http://www.maafa21.com

J

posted November 10, 2009 at 6:04 pm

Well done Jay Sekulow. I was one of many who voiced concern and disapproval over funding for Planned Parenthood with local tax money in Orange County, CA. I’m very proud of the leadership that recognized the inappropriate redirecting of funds, spoke up about it, heard public opinion, and responded.

Your Name

posted November 11, 2009 at 5:16 pm

Well from your earlier blogs J, it looked like you were sticking up for pro-choice activist. So wouldn’t that be supporting Planned Parenthood and their procedures? That was my conscern as well as your belittleing of me as if your some how better. Please humble yourself next time around instead of abuse!!!!
C

Your Name

posted November 14, 2009 at 1:55 pm

I heard you talk about Medicare, this morning. Which I find to be helpful to the elderly to supply medical needs. What about Embryonic Stem-Cell? Are you trying to tell the rest of the public that those are not people? And as for the abortion issue, are you trying to tell the rest of the public that funding Planned Parenhood with all that money does not contribute to the needless deaths of thousands of children each year through that establishment? Are you trying to say that this administration is not responsible for those acts of murdering children because you gave the right through your parties established laws and views that you are somehow exempt from any responsibility in the matter? Including the murder itself? Are you trying to tell the American public that those children murdered through abortion are not our posterity? Do your husband and yourself feel that those individuals which can not protect themselves because they are very small and in the process of development are not equal to yourself? Cara Lea Floyd

Your Name

posted November 14, 2009 at 1:58 pm

The last blog was addressed to the current administration.

Your Name

posted November 16, 2009 at 2:21 pm

That is no surprise that you did not answer those questions. The answer to the question or questions is, that people are people, no matter how you slice and dice them up into little pieces. Sell them black market and they are still people chopped up into tiny little pieces. The surprise to me is this, that leadership is trying to pass this off as being not only legal, but a good idea. How did people get so far away from the truth of the matter. Where did they get an idea that it is ok and a good idea to kill people for whatever reason. I am certainly not talking about defending yourself in a war situation. When countries attack you and you need to weed out the killers, so they don’t kill you. I am flat out talking about, killing people for science or self. A flat out self motivating self centered idea brought about by a court case as a reproductive right. What a lie that one is. Somehow giving people the impression that it is reproductive. Not only is it not reproductive it is murdering an individual through the law of choice. There are laws in place to protect children outside of the womb. How about inside or in the lab of a mad scientist.
Cara Lea Floyd

buy umbrella

posted July 29, 2010 at 10:50 pm

Good writing, and I very much agree with your thoughts and insights. Hope that more could write such a good word, I said, to continue coming to visit, thank you for sharing.i love buy umbrella very much .

Another Blog To Enjoy!!!
Thank you for visiting LynnvSekulow. This blog is no longer being updated. Please enjoy the archives. Here is another blog you may also enjoy: Jay Sekulow: Faith and Justice  Happy Reading!

posted 11:26:38am Aug. 16, 2012 | read full post »

Another blog to enjoy!!!
Thank you for visiting Lynn V. Sekulow. This blog is no longer being updated. Please enjoy the archives. Here is another blog you may also enjoy: Jay Sekulow's Faith and Justice Happy Reading!!!

posted 10:36:04am Jul. 06, 2012 | read full post »

More to Come
Barry,   It's hard to believe that we've been debating these constitutional issues for more than two years now in this space.  I have tremendous respect for you and wish you all the best in your new endeavors.   My friend, I'm sure we will continue to square off in other forums - on n

posted 4:52:22pm Dec. 02, 2010 | read full post »

Thanks for the Memories
Well Jay, the time has come for me to say goodbye. Note to people who are really happy about this: I'm not leaving the planet, just this blog.As I noted in a personal email, after much thought, I have decided to end my participation and contribution to Lynn v. Sekulow and will be doing some blogging

posted 12:24:43pm Nov. 21, 2010 | read full post »

President Obama: Does He Get It?
Barry,   I would not use that label to identify the President.  I will say, however, that President Obama continues to embrace and promote pro-abortion policies that many Americans strongly disagree with.   Take the outcome of the election - an unmistakable repudiation of the Preside

posted 11:46:49am Nov. 05, 2010 | read full post »