J Walking

J Walking

Larry Craig must resign

posted by David Kuo

A United States Senator is held – or should be held – to a higher standard. Sen. Larry Craig’s behavior doesn’t pass a lower standard. He should resign.
Some will say that there is a double standard, that Democrats get away with more than Republicans; that when Democrats get in trouble the “media” doesn’t focus on their problems as much. In some cases that may be true. I don’t think this is one of them.

Some truth huh? For a change.

posted August 30, 2007 at 2:25 pm

If Craig was a Democrat no one would have “dug up” this info in the first place. Reprobate behavior is absolutely fine for the Dems. In fact it is celebrated, promoted and encouraged. Who’s traveling with Mrs. Clinton and getting standing ovations? Welllll, none other than a convicted perjurer, dis-barred lawyer and multi-adulterous ex-Democrat president. And he is loved by the throngs of Dems.
The biggest hypocrites in this whole thing are the Gays and Lesbians that try to paint the LGBT culture and community as one that isn’t thoroughly debauched and completely immoral. Cruising (in bathrooms and elsewhere) for promiscuous sex is a staple of the gay lifestyle and promiscuity is OK within the farmewaork of “committed monogamaous” relationships within all flavors of LGBT culture. Who they kidding? Kindergarteners? The homosexual-AIDS explosion of past eras – which is making a comeback – promiscuity and immorality are the way of life for a culture that literally defines itself by its sexual proclivities. At Gay Pride events, condoms, lubes, sex toys and Sodomy how-to pamphlets are handed out like candy on October 31st. Hmmmm, I wonder why tye need for so much “protection?” (massresistance.org has pictures) Actually I just wonder why promiscuity as a staple behavior is denied by the LGBT speakers that appear on our nightly news to “denounce” GOP lasciviousness?
(That anyone would NOT want to be identified as “gay” is completely understandable. What compulsive shop-lifter wants to be called a thief? And once identified the LGBT community will not allow you to escape it. Ever.)
Craig should just become a Democrat, move to the east coast and live out his life being re-elected again and again and again, for as long as he’d like. The press will never bother him again.
Barney Frank and Ted Kennedy anyone?

Thinker

posted August 30, 2007 at 2:31 pm

I tend to agree that he must resign, but…. only if we all examine the places where we have lived one way and spoken another. At this point, his career is over and his dignity forever tarnished. He will be the cartoon figure for gay bashing Republicans. How easy it feels to laugh and be righteous. Brownback has perhaps been the most charitable of the bunch – Romney appears to be a user. McClain the most direct and honest. Gosh, these things should make us look at ourselves instead of the Daily Show.

Elvis Elvisberg

posted August 30, 2007 at 3:15 pm

David, did I miss your post calling for Sen. Vitter to resign? I don’t believe you did call for that; if I’m not mistaken, may I ask if it was just that you didn’t get around to it, or if you think there’s a distinction to be drawn?
Gee, truth huh?, how do you know about the 30-year old scandal involving Barney Frank’s house and friends (but not Frank himself)? Why, the liberal media told you about it. THEY MUST BE COVERING UP SOMETHING BIGGER OMG!!!1!! Also, Sen. Craig and Rep. Foley and those other Republicans recently arrested for sexual assault and crude acts have finally clarified for me why Republicans make the argument you make about the immorality of gay people– it’s because they, like you, are closeted sexual predators. Come on out of the closet! You’ll no longer have to engage in furtive sex acts in public restrooms!
Also, please be aware that Pres. Clinton’s approval ratings in his second term hovered around 60 percent (as opposed to 30 percent for Pres. Bush). It’s not just Democrats who support Pres. Clinton.

Stan

posted August 30, 2007 at 4:10 pm

Clinton was not disbarred. But that is besides the point.
The list of republican scandal is long.
And gee I remember the Clinton presidency 24/7 coverage of him clipping his left toenail first inside of his first.
Ted Kennedy? Can you at least go for this century?

reddopto

posted August 30, 2007 at 5:39 pm

I read the account of what actually went down in the bathroom stall. Craig committed the salacious act of tapping his foot (supposedly a clear sign of desire to hook up)and he moved his foot closer to the policeman. He didn’t say a word. It is insanity that he was ever arrested for so little.
Bernard Goldberg’s new book has the situation sized up, “Crazies to the Left of Me and Wimps to the Right.” Congressional wimps are urging Craig to resign. They’re complete wimps!
Craig should not resign. He should fight this thing to the death. He should start a movement to make sure no one else gets arrested in such a ridiculous manner. The Republican who shows he/she is not a complete wimp gets my vote.

Jillian

posted August 31, 2007 at 7:26 am

It’s known to be a behavioral code, reddopto. Craig didn’t contest it because it’s too well known to be exactly what the arresting officer said it was. Have a look around the Web.
I thought the Republican Party was all for law and order, and the prevention of lewd behavior in public places. Perhaps laws like these should come clauses exempting Republicans from them?

Doug

posted August 31, 2007 at 9:42 am

Jillian, I had never heard of that well-known code. I have no idea what Craig’s intentions wree, but this should be a lesson that when you accuse you risk accusation. For all I know calling the media anti-Christian might be code for “I want three men at once.”

canucklehead

posted August 31, 2007 at 1:29 pm

This just in from my neighbors to the immediate south in Cour d’Alene:
“In honor of Senator Larry Craig, the state of Idaho will officially change the slogan on its license plate to FAMOUS POTATOHEADS effective Sept 1/07″

canucklehead

posted August 31, 2007 at 1:37 pm

>>”I read the account of what actually went down in the bathroom stall…” Reddopto
Unless you were actually there, you don’t know what “actually went down in the bathroom stall.” All you know is what somebody claims went down in the bathroom stall.
And I’m assuming that your reference to “what actually went down” means before they flushed??

Anonymous

posted September 1, 2007 at 6:06 pm

I believe Senator Craig should resign. He has brought dishonor to the Senate, and his effectiveness is greatly reduced by his hypocricy and double standards. However, I also would have wanted Senator Vitter to resign for conduct unbecoming of a senator (as well as for his hypocricy), Attorney General Gonzales to resign (earlier) for politicizing the Justice Dept. and for selective and false recollections (despite having months of time to review and prepare before his Congressional hearings), Mr. Rove to resign for outing a CIA agent, and Mr. Libby to serve time for perjury. Alas, President Bush’s pledge to restore honor and integrity to the White House and the Republican Party’s commitment to “Christian” values have failed miserably, at least in these individual cases. But do these cases illustrate a pattern? I find Senator Craig’s double life and hypocricy disturbing; however, I also find the Reupblican Party’s quick (and I believe, primarily self-serving)efforts to cast Mr. Craig aside to be equally hypocritcal. To me, the offenses by some of these other high officials were illegal, dishnorable, and shameful. Yet, many in the Republican party have looked the other way while rushing to cast their first stones at Mr. Craig.

Gloria

posted September 2, 2007 at 7:41 am

If the Republican party would return to their old base of Goldwater principles, of less govt. control and “live and let live” and particularly separation of church and state, I don’t think this case would push the war on poverty, medical care, replacing bridges, mine safety etc.off the front pages. What most people are fed up with is the hypocrisy involved. The religious neo cons attack everyone that doesn’t agree with them unmercifully and have never figured out that a homosexual wouldn’t choose his life style, he is born with it.
I agree that anyone should be arrested for having sex in a public bathroom where children may come in. I am a married heterosexual so it is hard for me to understand these acts but my main objection is that the Senator preached his Christianity and yet didn’t even know the first code (i.e. DO NOT THROW THE FIRST STONE) He has been ranting against the homosexuals so it was just a matter of time before it came around and hit him with his pants down. When are some of these politicians going to try to understand what Jesus was preaching and get busy trying to run the country instead of trying to control our lives. Jesus said go to your closet (he didn’t mean it the way the Senator took it) He meant don’t scream out your Holier then thou statements in any pulpit but look within to find God and comfort.

MRS M

posted September 8, 2007 at 3:32 pm

FOLKS– it is a sad day that we even have to have police staking things out in the bathrooms of our public areas!HOWEVER- More of this will happen to others by all kinds of odd folks that are homosexuals or even transgendered. But I think the dirty sex-minded folks should have their own bathrooms! –and not use normal folks PUBLIC bathrooms to create shock among the occupants that are not into this kind of thing.