Inspiration Report

Inspiration Report

Who’s Your Best Friend?

posted by Jennifer E. Jones

We’ve done this a few times in the past with fathers and, interestingly enough, ourselves. But let’s talk about friends! This one is going to be fun. Okay, I’ll go first.

I have been blessed with a trio of best friends. I’ve known them all for about seven years, and they are nothing short of gifts from God. We all met in grad school. I met Melissa first through mutual friends when she was looking for a roommate. Then she became friends with Karen who quickly became my friend as well. Then, Melissa married an equally awesome guy named Chester. Ever since, through good and bad times, living around the corner or living hundreds of miles away, we’ve been the best of buds.

Chester and Melissa are an endless source of inspiration and creativity. They are fiercely loyal and loving. Karen is my confidante. She sees all my crazy and still loves me all the same.

Altogether, I’ve got the trifecta of friendship.  I don’t know much about soulmates. But I have the feeling God split mine into three and sent them all to me at the same time.

Now, it’s your turn. Brag about your best friend. Tell me how long you’ve been friends and what makes him or her so special.

(By the way, I know the blog format has changed. Until we get some renovations done, click here to post a comment.)

chess

posted August 1, 2011 at 8:08 pm

It sounds like you have some very lucky buds :)

Angela M. Carter

posted August 2, 2011 at 11:57 am

I have two friends that I have known for over 20 yrs. Darlene and Kathy have helped me through difficult times as well as been there during good times. We have helped each other during wedding plans. We have kept each other from hurting those who have hurt us. A friend is one (or two) that can tell you the truth about yourself and others as they see it.

debra

posted August 2, 2011 at 5:03 pm

I just wanted to share my two best friends with you , I was very blessed to have had two best of the best friends that GOD put on this earth. I feel kind of funny because I always thought that you had to go out and find them , but I was wrong so wrong. My two best friends were my mom and my sister, now don’t get me wrong – my mom put her foot on my kneck when eveer needed be to keep me in line , she was my mom first and my friend second and my sister wasn’t shy about holding any punches either.I just wish that I could really let them know exactly how I felt about them. Sometimes I feel so lonely its like I have a giant void in my heart , the laughs ,talks and the serious conversations were always up lifting some- times we would just call each other just to talk about something funny we seen or heard or maybe even thouhgt of, my mom would talk about stories from when she was a teenager and it would have have you laughing for hours on end.I sometimes think back when my mom use to scratch my hair and it would put me to sleep (yes even at the age of 38 )I miss that so much my sister use call me like 9 times aday leaving messages or text- no telling how much her mom talked , I wish they were here now , it has been 2years since they went home to be in the LORDS house and although I know they aren’t inpain anymore it wasn’t enough time. So yes you are lucky if you are able to have one – blessed if you have two -anointed if you have three, but I was had two that were heaven sent to me special in two ways. thank you LORD for mine…..

Human Being

posted August 2, 2011 at 8:28 pm

Brag about my best friend…?
I don’t have one.

Pingback: The Five Friends Everyone Should Have - Inspiration Report

Maxune

posted August 3, 2011 at 7:42 pm

I actually have two BFF. We have all known each other since we were pre schoolers and we are all in our 70s!!! One, Theresa,and I still live in the same neighborhood,actually we still live in our same houses. Connie has moved about 35 miles away but we still keep very much in touch. We have been through many ups and downs with each other. Those two are God`s gift to me.

Pingback: How to Be a Better Friend - Inspiration Report

TARA TAN KITAOKA

posted August 5, 2011 at 5:29 am

I HAVE 10 GREAT FRIENDS SINCE CHILDHOOD.
ALL OF THEM ARE DIVORCED BUT WE ARE STILL
FRIENDS.NOW I HAVE ANOTHER 15 FRIENDS
SINCE I MOVED TO JAPAN.

FRIENDS ARE PEOPLE, WHO REALLY WANTS TO
KNOW U AND HELP U IN EVERY WAY , THEY CAN.
PEOPLE WHO HAVE POSITIVE ATTITUDES EVEN IF THEY HAVE THEIR OWN WEAKNESS.

Linda

posted August 5, 2011 at 1:05 pm

Patti and I have been friends for about 40 years. She has always been there. We live hundreds of miles apart but she calls me to see how things are and let me know how she is. If she is upset she calls, if she is happy she calls. She calls just to keep in touch. She never forgets my birthday, she sends cards. She is unable to help me now due to her situation. But I can call her if I need to just talk. I wish she had a computer so I could talk to her every day. We use to live closer so it was easier, but I know she is there. Even when I was going through stuff and wasn’t always the nicest to her, she just brushed it off and never retaliated. Through thick or thin she has been my friend. We call each other Sister.

Pingback: The Friendship Song from I Love Lucy - Inspiration Report

Ginna

posted August 6, 2011 at 2:47 pm

My BFF is a woman I’ve known for for over 40 years. Sherry is one of the best people I know; she has a kind spirit,a generous heart and not a deceitful or mean bone in her body. I can always count on her to cheer me on, support me, listen to me without judgement. She is always honest with me, telling me exactly what she thinks even if we might not agree. She makes me want to be a better person, and she is the one that taught me its ok to say “I love you” to a friend.

Michele

posted August 7, 2011 at 11:49 pm

My very best childhood friend passed away this year leaving an incredible void… No matter how much time passed we always picked up where we left off. We have been friends for around 35 years… And we had one arguement/disagreement during that and we always remedied any disagreement quickly. It is the kind of friendship everyone should have. We were friends through childhood, teen rebellion and into our parenting years…I miss her and never thought she would die young. We were going to be those funny old ladie’s together… I do have my 3 daughters who are not just daughters but 3 of my best friends! Every Mom needs a best girlfriend – for me, my sisters have played a friendship part as well. I hope that I will find someone to fill the void of the loss of my friend. Although no one can ever replace her!

kathy muniz

posted August 21, 2011 at 8:41 pm

I met Tonda in college doing our pre requisites for nursing school. We had so much in common we were married to gemini men our daughters were born 1 month apart our kids were 15 mos when we became study partners. Now our daughters have turned 30. We have never worked together, but we share our joys and go to each other for advice, in areas of social (husbands) and professionally dealing with difficult bosses, and through our children’s sucesses and stumbles. I have moved 78 miles away but we talk several times a week. Yearly we get together for our beach vacation, we end up spending most of the time just relaxed, talking, just being together is the best medicine. She is my calm center and I respect her advice. I thank God is she is in my life.

james

posted November 1, 2012 at 7:05 am

your best friend is your deeds.you are your own God.the bible John that
whenever you are hated ,they hated God,almighty first.one,two, three people can spoil a place, organisation,church or a nation.
think of the rest,so tell some one when he the wrong in the right way

Poem: In The End
Today’s guest blogger is poet Tara Sophia Mohr Learn more about Tara’s poetry

posted 4:30:02pm Oct. 24, 2012 | read full post »

A Quote to Live By
"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." Henry David Thoreau Whatever you were put on this earth to do, do it today. Don't delay. Don't look back. Run like crazy towards your passion and watch God lay the adventure out before you.

posted 9:22:40am Aug. 01, 2012 | read full post »

People Who Do Good: A Cake that Makes a Difference
Our "People Who Do Good" series has been a blast and I've enjoyed highlighting the stories and lives of everyday heroes. This one comes to us from writer Rebecca Brittingham who traveled to Florida to find a cake-maker with a heart for the less fortunate. When most people hear the word art, they

posted 12:10:27am Jul. 30, 2012 | read full post »

The Problem with Pain
I’ve heard people say, “How do I get over something if it still hurts?” And yes, forgiveness is key, whether it’s aimed towards yourself or someone else. However, it’s not really the main issue. What people really want to know is, “How do I deal with the pain?” The problem with pain

posted 11:06:30am Jul. 27, 2012 | read full post »

Oprah and Marianne Williamson on Super Soul Sunday
Photo Credit: OWN / George Burns We have a number of bloggers and writers here who have been inspired  by the writings of Marianne Williamson. Her debut book, A Return to Love, reflected A Course in Miracles for a new generation. She first gained notoriety by an appearance on the Oprah show, and

posted 4:53:44pm Jul. 26, 2012 | read full post »