This post has been updated from earlier today
Actor Gary Coleman, 42, most famous for his role as Arnold on the 80s sitcom “Diff’rent Strokes,” has died from a brain hemorrhage. He had been on life support.
A rep for Coleman released this statement: “Thanks to everyone for their well wishing and support during this tragic time. Now that Gary has passed, we know he will be missed because of all the love and support shown in the past couple of days. Gary is now at peace and his memory will be kept in the hearts of those who were entertained by him throughout the years.”
This is the second tragedy around “Diff’rent Strokes” in recent memory. Earlier this month, actress Dana Plato’s 25-year-old son Tyler Lambert committed suicide, almost 11 years after Plato took her own life by overdosing on prescription pills.
Visit our sister blog, Prayer Plain and Simple, to read a prayer for Gary Coleman and post your own thoughts and well wishes.
‘Diff’rent Strokes’ Actor Todd Bridges on His Transformation
Photo credit: Michael Loccisano/Getty Images
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
- Dr. Ted Baehr Ranked Among the Top 50 Christian Leaders in America
- Super Soul Sunday: Ageless Living with Oprah and Dr. Christiane Northrup
- The New ‘Jurassic World’ Trailer is Here, And It Doesn’t Disappoint
- Meet Vera, a main character in the upcoming show “The Messengers.”
- ‘Little Boy’ is a Story for Everyone
Like Beliefnet on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter