Pop quiz, Idol Chatter hotshots: What was the fastest growing website in the U.S. last month? Gotta be YouTube, right? No? How about Facebook? Nope. (MyUrbanKvetch? I wish.) Try again, and try thinking God.According to comScore Media Matrix (via Mashable), GodTube was the number one fastest growing website in the U.S. for August, ranking as a top 1,000 web property with a 973 percent growth since its redesigned relaunch that same month. GodTube claims 500,000 unique visitors per month and aims to bring young people back into the church. Check out one such initiative, the “Christ-Follower/Christian” parody of the Mac/PC ads, created by the Community Christian Church in Naperville, IL:Another faith-based network, MyChurch.org , reached a milestone of 10,000 churches as well.Looks like this internet baby’s got Book (and I cannot lie).
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
- Exclusive Sneak Peek from Episode 9 of ‘A.D. The Bible Continues’ featuring Mark Burnett and Roma Downey
- Grand Canyon University’s Center for Worship Arts Releases First EP Album, Receives Rave Reviews
- Box Office Blockbuster…or Blunder?
- Letterman Bids Farewell Tonight
- Finding Neverland – On a Stage!
Like Beliefnet on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter