Good News

Good News

Dog saves abandoned baby! Amazing!

posted by agreyson

PLEASE hit the “Like” button above to share the Good News and add http://blog.beliefnet.com/goodnews to your favorites. New stories every day!

Dog_Saves_BabyIn Argentina a dog heard the cries of a newborn baby that had been abandoned. Having puppies of her own, the momma dog knew what to do. She managed to get the baby over to her bed where she took care of the baby like one of her own. A neighbor heard the cries of the baby and alerted authorities. The baby boy was then rescued by police who credit the dog for keeping him warm and alive. One officer said, “She took him like a puppy and preserved him, the doctors told us if she hadn’t done this, the baby would have died.” We are happy to report that the baby boy is in perfect health as well as momma and pups.

Love pets? Check out these related Beliefnet features:

Life Lessons from Our Dogs

Inspirational Quotes About Dogs

Quiz: The Spirituality of Dogs

WATCH LUCY’S STORY ON VIDEO

YouTube Preview Image

Adela Dávila-Estelritz

posted June 10, 2011 at 6:41 pm

I just hope and pray her reward will be adoption & spaying for her and her pups!

Domianna

posted June 10, 2011 at 10:28 pm

You can’t tell me that animals don’t have souls!

AY

posted June 12, 2011 at 9:22 pm

A big wet kissle and a cuddle and a tummy rub and a hugggg and some nice food to the canine mom. Her eyes are so gentle and so inteligent, her soul a constellation in the sky. The Great Dog! Yes…

Karen

posted July 11, 2011 at 11:40 am

What a beautiful and moving story. Dogs truly are man’s best friend! This dog and her pups should be given real homes, as a reward.

Jane Doe

posted July 11, 2011 at 12:41 pm

The dog is a hero, no doubt. Makes me want to get one. But what about the baby? Any investigation as to why it was dumped on the streets like a stray cat? Are they looking for the POS that did this?

JANET WILENKIN

posted July 12, 2011 at 10:48 am

I watched a few of the films and they made me feel warm and happy. There’s so much good in the world but you don’t hear about it to often. Thank you for sharing.

Luis

posted July 16, 2011 at 9:10 am

Domianna,

Animals do have souls – they are natural souls, which are not immortal rational souls which only humans have. Therefore, there are no dogs or any other animals in heaven. We will not need them because for those who make it to heaven will have something or rather someone more important. The Beatific Vision or, if you like, God, the Blessed Trinity, his Court, and yes, the Queen Mother. After all we are a FAMILY. Amen!

All in all it’s a good story – except for the part of a 14 year old girl giving birth and abandoning her child; not to mention the statutory rape charge that is pending on the man if he can be identified. Let’s keep saying, “What a child needs is a MOTHER and a FATHER.” Pax et bonum!

Gale

posted August 11, 2011 at 8:05 pm

Awesome dog! Great work on her part. I pray she is given a home and is spayed and the babies taken care of.
The 14 year old child is to be pitied and taken care of and loved too. She was a scared child I am sure.

Darlene

posted September 2, 2011 at 4:09 pm

What a good dog looking out for the little one.She should me giving a treat for looking out for the little baby.

Mary Beth

posted September 2, 2011 at 4:42 pm

So good. Also, I hope there are good homes for her and her pups and that they are spayed and neutered and taken care of. Beautiful dog, just doing what came intuitively.

The mother of the baby also needs a good home, or it seems. Poor girl.

Gail

posted September 9, 2011 at 1:59 pm

Mother nature at her best. I hope the dog and her puppies all find great forever homes!

Sarah

posted September 11, 2011 at 9:31 am

This baby was certainly guarded by the angels. I hope he learns of this when older and uses it to help others.

I don’t believe that animals don’t have immortal souls… We have no way to know for certain, and I for one am not going to assume to know what God has planned for the lives of those he created before the humans he placed here to care for them.

Although animals should be spayed or nuetered, we should be thankful that this one was not! If she had been spayed prior to this baby being abandoned nearby, this would have never happened. It is the maternal instints brought on from having her own litter that led to her knowing what to do to protect this sweet little one.

AdelaidaSalinas

posted September 11, 2011 at 9:35 pm

I beleive that dogs and cats have an angelic soul-spirit, that protects, guides and loves us. They are on a heavenly flow of earthly space. If we shoot to kill or scare them off, they do not fight back to hurt us, they just defend themselves or try to do so. GOD directs them to good families that love each other.

Christine Martinez

posted September 12, 2011 at 1:59 pm

I think that dog is wonderful. How many humans would do the same???? I hope spmeone will adopt the momma and pups.

donna jo

posted September 14, 2011 at 11:48 pm

What a miracle!! <3

Doreen

posted September 15, 2011 at 5:04 am

LOL…That Dog must be a true hero…i must congratulate him and the owners for the good upbringing….thank you for such a hillarious story…God Bless

Charles Regal

posted September 15, 2011 at 4:00 pm

A great story showing the wonderful nature and great integrity of dogs. I wish more humans were more like them.

Charles Regal,
Regal Pet-Centric Mediation

Jacquie Ponsford

posted September 24, 2011 at 2:56 pm

I see a parallel between this amazing story and human behavior. At this time in history there os so much distrust between cultures and religions. Just like the logic that the human baby and the dog’s puppies all need nurturing. The dog saw no difference between the baby boy and her pups. They all needed attention and protection. I wish people and cultures would just recognize that we are all God’s creatures and have the same need for protection and attention. If an animal can teat the livings beings as equal, why can’t we?

Jenna Willson

posted September 28, 2011 at 10:01 am

Why doesn’t someone give her a home and take care of her and her puppies????????????

D,J.Jordan

posted September 28, 2011 at 10:13 am

What a beautiful story this is. Just wondering, however, is this a 40 or 14-year old mother who threw her baby away. I hope there is prosecution in this matter. On the other hand, I hope this mother dog is fixed so that she has no more pups and that both she and her little ones are adopted into nice homes.

Jeslove

posted September 29, 2011 at 2:10 am

Could this mean to say that the dog has the capability of being a responsible mother than the women who borne the child herself? What a shame to her..

Cheryl

posted November 9, 2011 at 9:53 am

This is one of the feel good moments that I am glad I go to share. Thank you.

Pius Amaizu

posted November 10, 2011 at 1:25 pm

This is wonderful. It has further confirmed the saying that ‘dog is man’s best friend’.

Cindy Rahal

posted December 16, 2011 at 4:24 pm

Yet another example of our amazing doggie friends and how they help us. I currently have three rescue doggies that I’m sharing my life with, and they continue to make me happy every single day.

dolores

posted December 16, 2011 at 4:39 pm

what a beautiful story….

Carol

posted December 16, 2011 at 4:55 pm

I think in so many ways that dogs were human at one time and they are so important in so many ways as they said if she hadn’t done what she did that child would have never ever survived.

How did they know the age of the mother of the child now she needs help to understand what she did to her baby and give this child up for adoption or learn how to mother her baby.

Sarah B

posted December 16, 2011 at 7:02 pm

They call them animals, but they go to any length to save a baby or pups or anything else they can, they say “they are just dogs, not so, they are “GOD” spelled backward, humans are dogs, and not God spelled backwards, they throw their babies in trash cans, along side a rode or flush them down a toilet or MURDER them before they have a chanc to live. So who is the “animal”?

catherine frampton

posted December 16, 2011 at 11:26 pm

gods creatures are truly awsome.love her

Pamela

posted December 17, 2011 at 10:01 pm

That was a such a beautiful heart felt video to watch. I personally feel that Chenna should be awarded with “Hero of the Year” and a life-time supply of her favorite food for such a human act. She gives man’s and women’s best friend a very good name.

diana

posted December 21, 2011 at 4:33 pm

What ever happen to this marvelous dog China , does anybody wanted to take care of her and her puppies

vivian

posted January 5, 2012 at 2:32 pm

This is the type of story and video people need to wake up to each morning. The girl who dropped the baby off shouldn’t have done it but the courage of the mommy dog saved him.

joe t

posted March 21, 2012 at 8:37 pm

this is amazing.this is a perfect example of animals are smarter than people give them credit for.this dog knew that that baby needed to be protected and did what she had to do to save that baby.she is an amazing animal.

Joe

posted May 10, 2012 at 1:41 pm

Understandable! When I fell, my gracious animal came over to my side and forced herself under my left shoulder to help me stand up. She was only 7 months old. I had her, at this time, only a few weeks. She had been in an abusive situation before my wife an I acquired her. The good Lord sent her to me I believe. What a wonderful blessing for us.
JNOB

Pat Calton

posted May 15, 2012 at 2:17 pm

Gods creatures are so amazing and so many are treated so terribly.

Maranatha Mark

posted May 15, 2012 at 3:57 pm

Luis stated there are no animals in heaven, in a earlier post. Sorry Luis, but you are wrong. Now I can’t say animals here go to heaven, nor can I say they don’t. Where did you come up with this 2 types of soul stuff!?? No where in scripture does it support this notion of 2 types of souls! It is said that the Garden of Eden was a copy of YHVH’s Throne room in heaven, thus the garden had animals of all kinds in it, there will be animals in heaven. Yeshua returns alone with the Church on White horses according to the Book of Revelation, you can beat He didn’t come down to earth and round those horses up take them to heaven to ride back down to earth! When the flood was over, YHVH saw fit to make a covenant with all the animals that He would never destroy the earth with water again. The 2nd Book of Enoch (while not canonize in our Bible, is a part of the Ethopic Bible), it states that animals do go to heaven, and that their fate isn’t affected by the sins of their master. Last but not least, why do you think animals had to be sacrificed to cover sin in the Old Testament? It required the sacrifice of an innoent soul to cover the sins of a man. It didn’t absolve them of their sins, it merely covered them until the perfect, innocent soul could be given in place of all sinners that would accept the gift of Yeshua Hammashiach’s crucifixion! Sorry Luis, but I believe you are wrong based on my studies of the scriptures.

Maranatha Mark

posted May 15, 2012 at 4:10 pm

For those don’t like the idea of animals having souls and being in heaven, I don’t quiet understand your thoughts on this. We are made a little less high as the angels but over all animals. In our glorified bodies after this life, we are reign with Yeshua over the restored earth of the millennial kingdom, which will have animals in it per scripture… remember the whole, “the Lion shall lay with the lamb” thing? One last thing that makes me believe that animals have eternal souls is the fact that animals love, get angry, and grieve loss of loved ones, just like we do, and since YHVH IS LOVE, that would mean animals have YHVH in them to be able to love us or their companions, thus I think that is evidence of their souls. As I stated before, YHVH made a covenant with animals after the flood, but if they are soul-less blobs of animated flesh, why would He even bother making a covenant with them… of what purpose would it serve? YHVH didn’t make a covenant with the rocks or mountions.

Just my humble opinion.