“Eventually you will come to realize that love heals everything, and love is all there is.” – Gary Zukav
On Friday, Mary Beth and I will share our 30th Valentine’s Day. But to be honest, we don’t celebrate in traditional fashion. We don’t exchange gifts and dinner is typically at a sport’s bar over beer and wings, not over candlelight.
It’s not that the romance is dead in our marriage – far from it. It’s just that we try to show love and be love to each other every day of the year.
So, there are still candlelight dinners in our marriage. Mary Beth and I have found that we are more comfortable enjoying those dinners on the nights when we want to; not on the nights we feel like we have to.
Here are 30 reasons why I will always love my wife. I share them with a grateful heart so love has one more voice it can use to change the world.
1. Mary Beth is my best friend.
2. My wife is an amazing mother and parent.
3. She never quits on herself, or on us.
4. My wife still loves to cuddle.
5. She shows me I’m worthy to be loved.
6. Mary Beth gives me all the time I need to write.
7. She still likes to hold hands when we take our after-dinner walks.
8. I can’t imagine life without her.
9. My wife is committed to improving the lives of others.
10. Mary Beth rolls up the tube of toothpaste for me.
11. Her spirit shines so bright.
12. She is the Yin to my Yang.
13. Mary Beth thinks I’m a wonderful parent, partner and man.
14. She knows what the baseball term “unproductive out” means.
15. My wife whispers, “I love you,” before falling asleep.
16. She is a bad-ass Candy Crush player.
17. Mary Beth gave me a second chance to be a better husband.
18. My wife looks absolutely beautiful in her sun dresses.
19. She hums television commercial tunes without even realizing it.
20. My wife never backs down from her beliefs.
21. She opens my eyes to the goodness in me.
22. When I hug her, I get the feeling she’ll never let go.
23. Even with four children, she keeps a whole heart for each one.
24. She forgives my mistakes.
25. Mary Beth helps me find my smile when it’s missing.
26. My wife finds something to laugh about every day.
27. Her time management “challenges” make her adorable.
28. She has not lost her romantic impulse.
29. Mary Beth loves me and is still determined to make it work – no matter what.
30. I will always love my wife because she’s not perfect, but she is perfectly Mary Beth – and that’s more than enough for me.