“If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.” – Mother Teresa
The Syrian debate is raging.
Caught in the rhetoric’s crossfire isn’t the Democrats or Republicans; it’s the Syrian people who need more than an Act of Congress to help them – what they need is love; real love.
It doesn’t matter your politician affiliation, your nationality or your religious preference. All that matters is we come together to show love, real love, to one other.
Maybe if we get into the habit of showing real love, then it will create a tsunami-sized wave large enough to reach the Syrians, and everyone else who needs it, too.
The wave can get its start anywhere. It can start in the United States, Russia or Great Brittan because real love doesn’t need a passport, a visa or an interpreter. Real love just needs you and me so we can keep its power, and promise, alive forever.
We can show real love by:
– Welcoming all of our brothers and sisters to the table.
– Picking kindness over convenience.
– Helping everyone feel worthy and respected.
– Giving more than we take.
– Using our voice when our neighbors cannot use theirs.
– Finding ways to bring joy to others.
– Choosing to do work we are passionate about.
– Accepting responsibility for our actions.
– Seeking ways to serve every day.
The debate is raging. Real love is waiting.
About Alex Blackwell
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
You May Also Enjoy
- 10 Powerfully Inspiring Quotes from Dr. Wayne Dyer
- Sunday Inspiration #80
- Secret Three of a Happy Marriage: Learn to Resolve Conflicts
- 10 Simple Words to Live By
- Sunday Inspiration #79
- Secret Two of a Happy Marriage: Meet Each Other’s Needs
- 10 Morning Rituals that Bring Inspiration
- Sunday Inspiration #78