Every week during Lent, I will focus on one of Abby’s Seixas’s six steps (in her book “Finding the Deep River Within”). As part of “Mindful Monday,” I will expand on one at the beginning of each week so that you can follow my program of simplification, if you’d like. Here they are.
- Take Time-In. Taking time for ourselves. Again, I’m starting with one hour a week.
- Make Boundaries. Taking back some control over daily interruptions.
- Befriend Feelings. Getting still enough to confront some of the ugly feelings.
- Tame Self-Expectations. The killers that lead us to perfectionism that can cripple our creativity.
- Practice Presence. Mindfulness … trying to be present to what is going on right in front of you.
- Do Something You Love. When I’m grounded and rested, this means writing from my heart.