A while back I posted about my angel box and, afterward, I received several emails asking me how to make one. I’ve been thinking about making one and taking pictures, but I know the likelihood of that happening any time soon is probably nil and zip. Over the years, I have found that actually doing something is far better than thinking about doing it, so here are the step-by-step directions for making an angel box.
You can make it very simple or very elaborate, but the most important thing you can do, if you really want to change your life, is to make it and use it!
My first angel box wasn’t a box at all; it was a large manila envelope. I wrote ANGEL BUSINESS on the front and the following prayer:
I place this issue in your capable hands. I know you have a far more expansive and loving vision for my life than I do. I humbly ask for your help and the willingness to totally release all of my cares and concerns about this issue. I ask for the willingness, courage, and strength to take all the necessary actions. May my heart and my mind be open to your loving guidance.I give thanks in advance for the miracles I know will occur.
The envelope worked, but eventually I took the time to make an angel box and an abundance or bill box. I’ll give directions for the abundance box tomorrow. Some people prefer to call their box a God Box. Call it whatever you are most comfortable with; the intent is to let go of your cares and place them in the care of your spirit. I like calling mine an Angel Box because I think of the angels as messengers, so who better to help me see life through the eyes of love than these wonderful beings of love and light and laughter?
- Find a box with a cover. A shoe box will do. I went to a discount store and found a neat gift box.
- Collect pictures of angels and images that fill you with hope and peace of mind. I like pictures of clouds with rays emanating from them. You might even look for images in some of Beliefnet’s photo galleries.
- Sit quietly, take a few deep breaths, and say a prayer, asking for guidance and assistance. This box is symbolic of releasing your cares and worries to the divine guidance of God and the angels.
- On the cover of the box, boldly write <a href=""
“>Angel Box. Then, write a simple prayer below those words. You could use the one I wrote, changing the words so they feel like yours or one of your own.
- Get some colored pens or crayons and write words of love and gratitude on the sides of the box.
- I lined the inside of my box with an old silk scarf or you could use tissue paper or another fabric that feels appropriate.
- On the bottom, write the words. “I give thanks for all your love, help, and guidance. May I always be open so the highest and the best can occur for all involved.”
- Put the <a href=""
“>angel box someplace special, where you will see it often. I put several angel figurines around mine.
- When you feel troubled about something, write your concerns on a piece of paper, read the prayer, and lovingly placing the paper and your concerns in the box. If you begin to worry remind, yourself that your concerns are in the loving hands of the divine and are no longer your concern.
- Spend a few minutes giving thanks for all that you do have, for the loving presence of the angels in your life, and ask for the willingness to hear the guidance of your spirit.
- Once you put an issue in the box, leave it there, mentally and emotionally.
- Periodically clean out your angel box. Make it a ceremony of celebration, joy, and release. You could burn the slips of paper and watch them turn into light.
Enjoy making and using your Angel Box, and if you are worried about finances or need a job or know someone who does, tune in tomorrow.
With love and aloha,
Angels are all around and their only purpose is to help us feel loved and connect to the divine.
Make Angels on Your Shoulder part of your daily routine and share it with a friend!