In the Bible it says, “It is more blessed to give than receive.”
The Tao says:
“Sages do not accumulate
The more they assist others, the more they possess
The more they give to others, the more they gain.”
When we give without any thought to receiving miracles do occur in our life. That is what angels do all the time.
When I ask people why they are attracted to angels, it usually comes down to: because they make them feel good in some way. The essence of that angelic energy is giving and loving unconditionally. When we consciously practice being more like angels and attempt to see the world from their perspective, our lives change substantially.
I used this prayer as my mantra when I meditated for many years. It is attributed to St. Francis of Assisi:
- Lord, make me an instrument of Thy peace;
- where there is hatred, let me sow love;
- where there is injury, pardon;
- where there is doubt, faith;
- where there is despair, hope;
- where there is darkness, light;
- and where there is sadness, joy.
- O Divine Master,
- grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console;
- to be understood, as to understand;
- to be loved, as to love;
- for it is in giving that we receive,
- it is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
- and it is in dying that we are born to Eternal Life.
Read it mindfully before you start your day for a month and see what happens.
With love and aloha,