Talking to Kids About the Economy
Make a Promise You Can Keep
Never say never. It’s important not to make promises that aren’t within your power to keep. For example, you don’t want to say “Daddy will never lose his job” or “We’ll always have our house.” You may feel certain today, but circumstances can always change. Instead, reassure them with the truth--that no matter what happens, your family will stick it out together. That’s one promise you know you will always be able to keep.
More Family Features
- Building Character in Kids
- 6 Ways to Help a Friend Who Just Had a Baby
- 6 Questions to Ask After School Programs
- Tips to Help Kids Tell the Truth
- What Does Love Require?
- 7 Tricks for Creating a Good Parent / Teen Relationship
- Helping Kids Love Their Bodies
- Top 15 Things Your Middle School Kid Wishes You Knew