7 Natural Easter Egg Dyes
Don't spend money on expensive Easter egg dying kits when you can dye your eggs with items in your kitchen!
The secret to homemade Easter eggs is as close as your kitchen. Check out these everyday ingredients that will dye your eggs naturally in boiled water.
Red/Orange - Paprika
Blue - Blueberries or red cabbage
Pink - Red beets
Green - Spinach leaves
Brown - Coffee
Purple - Grape juice
Yellow - Tumeric
1. Put 3 to 4 eggs in a pot of water so that the water covers the eggs and they have room to lay in a single layer.
2. Add 1 to 2 teaspoons of vinegar.
3. Add the dye ingredient of your choice.
4. Bring water to a boil, lower heat and let simmer for 15 to 20 mins.
5. Remove from water with a slotted spoon and let cool.
Mix, match and experiment to make new colors. Keep eggs in the refrigerator until you are ready to use them.
More from Beliefnet