7 Natural Easter Egg Dyes
Don't spend money on expensive Easter egg dying kits when you can dye your eggs with items in your kitchen!
BY: Jennifer E. Jones
The secret to homemade Easter eggs is as close as your kitchen. Check out these everyday ingredients that will dye your eggs naturally in boiled water.
Red/Orange - Paprika
Blue - Blueberries or red cabbage
Pink - Red beets
Green - Spinach leaves
Brown - Coffee
Purple - Grape juice
Yellow - Tumeric
1. Put 3 to 4 eggs in a pot of water so that the water covers the eggs and they have room to lay in a single layer.
2. Add 1 to 2 teaspoons of vinegar.
3. Add the dye ingredient of your choice.
4. Bring water to a boil, lower heat and let simmer for 15 to 20 mins.
5. Remove from water with a slotted spoon and let cool.
Mix, match and experiment to make new colors. Keep eggs in the refrigerator until you are ready to use them.