13 Tips To Trim The Bar Mitzvah Budget
Edit The Guest List
Many parents conduct a "guest test" of sorts, only inviting those who know the bar mitzvah boy or bat mitzvah girl. Michele Roberts, who lives in Worcester, MA, and threw parties for her three daughters, says: "We made lists of people in the various communities to which we belonged, and read off names. If in response to "WHO is THAT?" a brief explanation did not elicit, "Oh yeah, invite them!" the guest lost his spot.
More Judaism Features
- Sermon from the Mound: 7 Spiritual Truths from the Baseball Diamond
- How to Survive an Impossible Mixed-Faith Marriage
- Surprisingly Religious Movie and TV Stars
- The Art of Wrestling with Colt Cabana
- The Koren Tanakh: The Authentic Biblical Experience
- Sacred Time: Religious Observances Around the World
- Are Young Blacks Turning Conservative, Latinos Evangelical, Jews Secular?
- Born Into a Coven of Hippie Witches, I Discovered I’m Jewish…and I Love God