13 Tips To Trim The Bar Mitzvah Budget
It Takes A Community
If only more congregations would emulate the example set by Newton Centre Minyan, based in a suburb of Boston. At Newton Centre, the whole community pitches in to help relieve the stress and financial burden of the celebration. Families are matched with "buddy families," who help coordinate the meals, among other duties. Members sign up to prepare pre-selected recipes in a program called "pot-certainty." The minyan also owns a set of tablecloths and dishes, which members use for their parties.
More Judaism Features
- How to Survive an Impossible Mixed-Faith Marriage
- The Koren Tanakh: The Authentic Biblical Experience
- Sacred Time: Religious Observances Around the World
- Surprisingly Religious Movie and TV Stars
- The Art of Wrestling with Colt Cabana
- Are Young Blacks Turning Conservative, Latinos Evangelical, Jews Secular?
- Born Into a Coven of Hippie Witches, I Discovered I’m Jewish…and I Love God
- Rosh Hashana