Who's Judging the Beliefnet Film Awards 2009?
Meet our panel of judges, and learn how the judging works.
The Panel of Judges
- Dilshad Ali is Beliefnet's Islam editor.
- Paul Asay is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in The Washington Post, Christianity Today, and Beliefnet.
- Saul Austerlitz, a writer and film critic living in New York City, is a frequent contributor to Beliefnet. He is the author of "Money for Nothing: A History of the Music Video from the Beatles to the White Stripes."
- Frederic and Mary Ann Brussat are the directors of the multifaith website SpiritualityandPractice.com, where they have a database of more than 3,500 film reviews as well as discussion guides to movies for small groups and other special features. They are the authors of "Spiritual Literacy: Reading the Sacred in Everyday Life," now available on DVD.
- Rebecca Cusey is an L.A.-based entertainment reporter.
- Craig Detweiler directs the Reel Spirituality Institute at Fuller Theological Seminary. His feature documentary, "Purple State of Mind," is touring the country in 2008. Screening schedule at www.purplestateofmind.com.
- Patton Dodd is the Christianity editor at Beliefnet.
- Brandon Fibbs is a film critic for The Colorado Springs Gazette, Christianity Today Movies, and Cinemattraction. He has a BA in English Literature from the University of Colorado and an MA in Cinema Studies from NYU's Tisch School of the Arts. His work can be read at www.brandonfibbs.com
More from Beliefnet
Latest Blog Posts on the Oscars
New Movie Features