10 Best Films About Fathers
Atticus Finch, 'To Kill a Mockingbird'
Played by Gregory Peck, small-town lawyer Finch is not the kind of father to spend all afternoon playing catch or dress-up. He does not tell his children how wonderful they are or how much he loves them. His children, Scout and Jem, learn from other people about his integrity and ability. And then they see how far he will go to keep them safe. The last line of the movie says it all: "He turned out the light and went into Jem's room. He would be there all night and he would be there when Jem waked up in the morning."
- Things to Take on a Road Trip
- Hands Free Mama: (A guide to putting down the phone, burning the to-do list and letting go of perfection to grasp what really matters)
- Celebrities Who Improved Themselves in 2012
- 7 African American Firsts: Black Men and Women who Broke Barriers
- Talking to Your Children About Death