Easy Ways to Incorporate More Walking into Your Life
– Take the stairs instead of the elevator.
– As much as possible, do your errands on foot. If you are driving, select the parking space furthest from the store.
– On your daily commute, get off the bus or streetcar a stop earlier and walk the extra distance.
– If taking the escalator, walk rather than remaining stationary.
– Take a walk during your lunch break. Not only will the physical activity burn calories, it will help your brain to perform better. (For more ways to incorporate more physical activity into your day-to-day routine see Want to get fit? No sweat.) Remember, if you’re new to walking, start off with slow, short sessions and build up your endurance gradually.
And as with any fitness regimen, if you have any health concerns or medical conditions, be sure to check with your physician before you begin.