We all do it. We tell ourselves, whether it’s verbally or silently within ourselves, that we must be a certain individual and that we should do this or that in order to be accepted. However, when the delusions are removed it’s evident that we are our own biggest enemy. Instead of boosting ourselves up on words of wisdom, we’re lying to ourselves by providing a false idea of what is acceptable.
1. “I can’t say no.” – Actually you can say no. You have the freedom to say no whenever you want and to whomever you choose. However, you have to get past the internal guilt that dwells inside of you. Don’t even pretend like you don’t know what I’m referring to. It’s the voice that says, “Well if you move x, y and don’t take a break you’ll be able to fit this additional task in as well.” Constantly saying yes will hurt you. Emotionally and then physically you’ll begin to break down. No one can do everything – it’s important to accept that epiphany and move on with your life so that you can build a realistic future.
2. “Why can’t I get a break?” – It’s important to avoid living your life in a constant comparison. Everyone is granted a different story in life and once you accept it you’ll be on your way to a much smoother journey. When you’re experiencing a low period in your life, it’s relatively easy to fall into a comparison depression where everything you have or need in life is not enough. Instead of looking at what others have, it’s important to count your blessings and realize the changes you can make to better yourself.
3. “If it was meant to be it will happen.” – This is not a motto to live by. Unfortunately, in order for things to fall into motion you have to be willing to put yourself out there and make the necessary efforts. It’s important to remember that things do not just fall into your lap. An individual must put in hard work and pay their dues before their dreams can come true. If you’re willing to work hard and never give up, you’ll discover that there is a lot in store for you.
4. “I don’t have a choice.” – The truth is that everyone has a choice in the matter but you have to be willing to put forth the effort into things that you truly want in life. Be willing to speak up for yourself; don’t allow others to pave your way because you’ll never attain your dreams if you’re not the one forging forward. Often times we as individuals are afraid of controversy and in most cases will back down however, it’s important to speak up and let your opinions be heard. No one will fight for you like you’ll fight for yourself.
5. “I don’t need anyone.” – Whether you’re experiencing a disagreement with another person or going through a surge of bitter independence, it’s important to recognize how important others are in your life. Having the attitude of “I don’t need anyone” will only cause you to become a closed off individual versus being someone that welcomes others. Strive to look for ways you can work with others to help each other make life simpler. In many cases, people take pride in completing tasks independently however it’s important to recognize when working collaboratively will actually increase production and benefit everyone full circle.
A healthy mindset will take an individual a long way. It’s important to recognize what you’re brainwashing yourself with and how you can overcome these instances. Once you’re able to shut down these internal delusions you’ll discover a happier life that provides a limitless amount of options.