“Be The Next Beliefnet Blogger”
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A purchase will not increase the chances of winning. The contest, and any web site pages and advertisements relating thereto, is intended for viewing only within the 50 states of the United States of America and the District of Columbia.
2. CONTEST SPONSOR: The “Be The Next Beliefnet Blogger Contest” (the “Contest”) is sponsored by Beliefnet, Inc., 999 Waterside Drive, Suite 1910, Norfolk, VA 23510 (“Sponsor”).
3. ELIGIBILITY: To enter the contest you must be a permanent, legal resident of the 50 states of the United States or District of Columbia and eighteen (18) years of age or older as of July 1, 2011. Void where prohibited by law. Employees of Beliefnet, Inc., BN Media Associates, LLC, Amerivision Communications, Inc., Cross Bridge, LLC, and the parent companies, distributors, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion fulfillment and/or judging agencies, retailers of all such companies, persons and/or entities, ("Sponsor and their agents"), and the families and immediate family and/or household members (including, but not limited to, mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, step-brothers, step-sisters and in-laws) of Sponsor and their agents are not eligible. By participating, entrants agree to these official rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all matters related to this contest. The Contest will be governed by all applicable federal, state and local laws.
4. HOW TO ENTER: Contest begins at 12:00 am Eastern Time (ET) on July 1, 2011, and ends at 11:59 pm Eastern Time (ET) on July 31, 2011. All Entries must be received electronically by 11:59 pm PT on July 31, 2011 to be eligible. To enter this contest,
(a) Contact JanaDale within the Beliefnet Community;
(b) If you are not a community member, click here;
(c) Select a blog category from the following list: News & Politics, Faith, Hope & Inspiration, Entertainment, Health & Holistic Spirituality;
(d) Create a profile and post consistently throughout the contest with no fewer than 15 posts by the contest deadline – include photos and videos within your blogs as you deem appropriate;
(e) Share your posts with friends and encourage them to join the Beliefnet Community by going to http://community.beliefnet.com/;
(f) Make posts/entries available to public.
Sponsor and its agents are not responsible for lost, late, damaged, misdirected, illegible, or incomplete entries. Incomplete entries are ineligible. Limit one entry per person for the entire Sweepstakes. The one entry per person maximum will be strictly enforced. Forged entries, altered entries or entries obtained other than as set out in these rules will be void and ineligible. All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and, will not be acknowledged or returned, and will be subject to the privacy information published at http://www.beliefnet.com/About-Us/Privacy-Policy.aspx. Entry must be made by the entrant, only at the authorized website address of http://community.beliefnet.com/janadale. Entries made by any other individual or any entity and/or originating at any other Internet website or e-mail address, including but not limited to commercial sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering service sites, will be declared void and as such deemed ineligible for this Contest.
Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Contest if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor’s representatives, or if entrant has or had attempted to submit malicious code, .exe files, or any file that contains malicious code.
5. WINNER SELECTION: One (1) Grand Prize winner will be selected from among all eligible entries received in accordance with the following process:
(a) Guest judges will review all eligibler entries received through August 12, 2011;
(b) On or about August 17, 2011, Beliefnet will announce the five (5) finalists; and
(c) Thereafter, members of the Beliefnet Community may vote for their favorite blogger through 11:59 PM ET on August 31, 2011.
The Contest winner will be notified on or about September 1, 2011, and announced on Beliefnet.com on or about September 6, 2011. Selection will be made under supervision of Sponsor or its designee, whose decisions are final on all matters relating to the Contest. The selected Contest winner will be notified within the Beliefnet Community on or about September 1, 2011. If any selected Contest winner cannot be reached within three (3) business days of Sponsor’s first attempt to notify such winner, such Contest winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner will be selected from the remaining eligible entries by Beliefnet. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Contest winner will be subject to verification. Return of any prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
6. PRIZE: One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded for the entire Contest. The Grand Prize will consist of the opportunity to join Beliefnet Voices as a new blogger. The Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) for the Grand Prize is incalculable. The prize will be awarded. If the prize is unclaimed, it will be awarded to an alternate winner. Depiction of any Contest prize, or any portion thereof, in any advertising, promotional materials, or on Sponsor’s website(s) or on the Contest webpage may not reflect the actual prize(s) delivered to the winner. Prize winner is solely responsible for all federal, state, and local taxes on their prize and/or such winner’s acceptance thereof. Winner may be issued an IRS Form 1099 for the ARV of its awarded prize. Prize winner(s) cannot assign or transfer its prize, or any portion thereof, to another person or entity and is not entitled to cash in place of its prize. The Grand Prize, or any portion thereof, is subject to availability and Sponsor in its sole discretion may substitute cash or a different prize of approximately equivalent or greater retail value except where prohibited by law[A2] .
7. CLAIMING PRIZE/RELEASES. Eligibility, age and all claims made by winner(s) are subject to verification. Sponsor is not responsible for fraudulent calls/mail/e-mails made/sent to entrants not by Sponsor. Potential winner(s) will be required to complete, sign, have notarized and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, and Liability/Publicity Release Form (except where prohibited by law) within five (5) business days of winner’s receipt of same.If the Contest winner is under the age of majority in their state of residence at the time the Grand Prize is awarded, consent must be provided by parent or legal guardian prior to award of the Grand Prize, and any failure to obtain consent from parent or legal guardian will result in such minor’s disqualification from the Contest. By accepting any prize, or any portion thereof, the winner consents to the use of his/her name, photographs and likeness for advertising, trade and promotional purposes in all media without additional compensation, except in Tennessee and where prohibited by law. If any selected potential winner fails to comply with these official rules, is found to be ineligible and/or does not submit required documentation within the designated period, their prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner selected. By accepting any prize, or any portion thereof, winner(s) further acknowledges that the Sponsor and any other entity involved with this Contest have neither made, nor are in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied in fact or in law, relative to the Grand Prize, including by not limited to its quality, merchantability, mechanical condition, or fitness for a particular purpose. If any Contest prize notifications are returned as undeliverable, or if any prize winner refuses their prize, such prize winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected in accordance with the rules of this Contest.
8. GENERAL. By entering the Contest and/or accepting the Grand Prize, or any portion thereof, each entrant agrees to: (a) be bound by these rules; (b) release Sponsor and their agents, and their parent companies, subsidiaries, distributors, affiliates, advertising and promotion partners, fulfillment and/or judging agencies, retailers, franchises, agents and their estate and/or family members (collectively “Releasees”) from all liability, claims, action, or proceedings relating to the Contest and from injuries or damages arising in connection with or relating to participation in the Contest, or use or misuse of any prize, or portion thereof; and (c) waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Contest or these official rules. All taxes and other expenses not specified herein, including federal, state, local, and departure, licenses and registrations, are the sole responsibility of the winner. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Sponsor reserves the right to modify these official rules for clarification purposes without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Contest, to void suspect entries and/or cancel, terminate or suspend any portion of this Contest should virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes beyond the control of Sponsor corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of the Contest and, in any such event, at its discretion, select the winner from eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to the event requiring such termination, cancellation or suspension. This Contest may not be used for any form of gambling.
9. LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY/UNFORSEEN EVENTS: Releasees shall not be responsible or liable for any property loss, damage, personal injury, or death, in connection with the prize provided pursuant to the Contest and/or any person’s participation in the Contest. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained herein, Releasees shall not be liable to winner or any other person for failure to supply the prize or any part thereof, for any reason beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor (including, but not limited to, acts of God, or any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity) (each an “Event of Force Majeure”). If for any reason (including, but not limited to, an Event of Force Majeure) Sponsor cannot continue the Contest, then the Contest will not resume until Sponsor resumes normal business, if ever. In the event that this Contest is challenged by any legal or regulatory authority (including but not limited to any federal or state governmental authority), Sponsor reserves the right to discontinue or modify the Contest, as applicable, or to disqualify entrants residing in any affected geographic areas, as applicable. In such event, Sponsor shall have no liability to any entrants who are disqualified due to such an action. If for any reason this Contest is not capable of running as planned, including but not limited to, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsors, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the promotion, then Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest, except where prohibited by law.
The Releasees shall not be liable for any injury, damage, loss, expense, accident, delay, inconvenience, or other irregularity that may be caused or contributed to (a) by wrongful, negligent, or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any of Contest prize manufacturer, supplier or any of their agents, servants, employees, or independent contractors, (b) by the wrongful, negligent, or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any other person or entity not an employee of the Releasees, or (c) any cause, condition or event whatsoever beyond the control of the Releasees. Releasees shall not be liable for any injury, damage, loss, expense, accident, delay, inconvenience, or irregularity arising out of or relating to any prize granted under this Contest, even if caused by the negligence of any maker, distributor or supplier of any portion of any prize or their respective parents, subsidiaries, and affiliated companies.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEB SITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS CONTEST, SUBMIT MALICIOUS CODE, .EXE FILES, OR ANY FILE THAT CONTAINS MALICIOUS CODE, OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. IN NO EVENT WILL SPONSOR OR ITS AGENTS OR THE RELEASEES, THEIR PARENTS, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES AND RELATED COMPANIES, THEIR RESPECTIVE ADVERTISING OR PROMOTION AGENCIES, OR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS, BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE WEB SITE OR DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM THE WEB SITE.WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING ON THE WEB SITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
10. OFFICIAL RULES / WINNERS LIST. For a copy of the Official Rules or Winners List, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before December 1, 2011, with “Be The Next Beliefnet Blogger” Official Rules / Winner’s List in the subject line. Please specify Official Rules or Winners List. Winners list available after October 1, 2011.