There’s nothing better than taking advantage of the summer season to obtain fresh, in-season fruit. Blueberries, especially, are healthy additions to any meal, and are full of anti-aging antioxidants, brain-boosting nutrients, and inflammation-stopping proanthocyanidins.
And what’s the only way to make them even better? Put them in a dessert, of course.
Blueberry cobbler has long been a summer staple, and its combination of warm biscuit crust and a scoop of vanilla ice cream is nigh irresistible.
To make blueberry cobbler, you’re going to need the following.
1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
1⁄2 cup sugar
1⁄4 teaspoon salt
1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
3⁄4 cup whole milk
1⁄3 cup butter, melted
2 cups fresh blueberries
1⁄3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Once you have the ingredients, it’s time to get cooking!
1. In a large bowl, combine and stir flour, 1/2 cup sugar, salt, and baking powder.
2. Stir in milk and butter.
3. Spread batter into a greased 8-inch square baking pan.
4. Sprinkle blueberries evenly over batter.
5. Sprinkle with 1/3 cup sugar and drizzle with vanilla.
6. Bake at 350° for about 40 minutes or until a pick comes out clean.