From, "River Road Recipes IV...Warm Welcomes," published in cooperation with your Daily Inbox Newsletter.
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 Tablespoon cider vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 4 slices bacon, crisp-cooked and crumbled
- 2 Tablespoons sunflower seed kernels
Toss the broccoli, cauliflower, cheese, onion and raisins in a salad bowl. Add the mayonnaise mixture to the broccoli mixture and mix until coated. Chill, covered, for 1 hour. Sprinkle with the bacon and sunflower kernels just before serving.