From, "At Your Service...Southern Recipes, Places and Traditions," published in cooperation with your Daily Inbox Newsletter.
- 3 pounds round steak, 1/2 inch thick
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 (10-ounce) can beef broth
- 1 (10-ounce) can tomato soup
- 4 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup sour cream
- Hot cooked egg noodles
Cut the steak across the grain into 1/4 x 2-inch strips. Dredge the steak in the flour. Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the beef and onion. Cook until the beef is brown. Stir in the beef broth, tomato soup, mushrooms, salt and pepper.
Reduce the heat to low. Simmer, covered, for 30 to 45 minutes or until the beef is tender. Stir in the sour cream. Cook until heated through. Serve over hot cooked egg noodles.