From "To Market, To Market... A Collection of Kentucky Recipes," in cooperation with your Daily Inbox Newsletter.
- 6 pork chops
- 3/4 teaspoon sage
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 Tablespoons shortening
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 Tablespoon flour
- 2 Tablespoons parsley flakes
1. Rub chops with sage and salt.
2. Brown in hot shortening. Drain.
3. Dissolve bouillon cube in water. Add bouillon and onions to pork chops. Cover and simmer 30 minutes.
4. Place pork chops on serving platter.
5. Combine sour cream, flour, and parsley flakes in separate bowl. Slowly add meat drippings.
6. Return this mixture to skillet. Cook and stir until desired consistency. Serve over chops.
<<Yesterday's Recipe: Effortless Spinach Potato Soup