Lemons, lemons, lemons – oh the possibilities of lemons! Lemons are very powerful. From soothing sore throats to adding flavor to our foods, lemons pack a powerful punch of benefits. Curious how lemons can change your life, then keep reading to find out the number of things possible when you have lemons on your side.
1. Get Rid of Fridge Odors: Toss out any food that has reached its expiration date. Then, dab lemon juice onto a cotton ball or sponge and leave it inside the fridge for several hours.
2. Stress Reliever: Next time you’re feeling depressed or stressed out, try adding lemon to your water. You’ll find that the lemon has natural antioxidants that will boost your mood and help you feel refreshed and ready to combat bad moods. And side note – if you’re experiencing a cold, lemon water can help reduce phlegm and help you breathe easier.
3. Cutting Board Aid: Think about it, you’re chopping onions, garlic and maybe even fish on your handy dandy cutting board. Despite your valiant efforts there’s still bound to have some sort of smell encased within the board. Try rubbing a sliced lemon half on the board and wash the cutting board with the lemon half – you’ll find that the lemon helps to get rid of any odors and sanitizes it as well.
4. Insect Repellant: Do you have issues with insects invading your living space? First squirt lemon juice on door thresholds and windowsills. Then squeeze lemon juice into holes and/or cracks where you see ants getting in. Lastly, scatter small slices of lemon peel along the outdoor entrance. All insects hate the smell of lemons and the acidity also irritates them.
5. Keep Guacamole Green: Maybe its game day or you’re hosting a party, either way no one wants brown guacamole. Sprinkle fresh lemon juice all over the guacamole and it will stay green and fresh. Also, you’ll find that the lemon juice is a natural complement of taste to the guacamole. And side note – squeeze lemon juice onto apple slices before bagging them away and you’ll find that they stay fresh longer without browning.
6. Dental Health: Did you know that lemon juice can stop bleeding gums caused by gingivitis or even reduce toothaches. You can either add lemon juice to warm water and swoosh it around in your mouth or just add lemon to your water and sip on that throughout the day.
7. Wash Your Face: Get rid of zits naturally by dabbing lemon juice onto blackheads, you’ll find that this method will help to draw them out during the day. Another tip is washing your face with lemon juice – you’ll find that lemons are a natural cleanse and exfoliate. You’ll see an improvement within your skin’s quality in a few short days.
8. Rid of Stains on Marble: Do you have hard to remove stains on your marble flooring? If so, then turn none other than to lemons. Cut a lemon in half, dip the exposed flesh into some table salt, and rub it on the stain. Then rinse very well because the acid, in the lemon, can damage the marble. You’ll see an immediate improvement.
9. Headaches: No matter what your headache culprit is lemon can save the day. Add a few teaspoons of lemon juice to hot tea and you’ll find that your headaches disappear. Many people believe that this drink concoction works better than any drug remedies.
10. Stain Fighter: Lemons are wonderful household stain fighters. Avoid bleach stains by using lemon juice instead of bleach. Soak delicates in a mixture of lemon juice and baking soda for at least half an hour before washing. You can also avoid pit stains, and a costly trip to the dry cleaner, by scrubbing the stained area on shirts and blouses with equal parts lemon juice and water. And last but certainly not least, pour one cup lemon juice into the washer during the wash cycle. The natural bleaching components, within the lemon juice, will remove any stains or discolorations on your clothing. And you’ll find that your clothes smell lemon fresh too!
11. Skin Aid: Lemon juice can help just about any skin issue you may be having. Bad cut or scrape – pour a few drops of lemon juice directly on the cut to stop it from bleeding and disinfect the cut. Itchy, from poison ivy – apply lemon juice directly to the affected area to alleviate itchiness. Have a worrisome wart – apply a dab of lemon juice directly to the wart, repeating for several days, and in a few days the wart will dissolve.
12. Stinky Cat Box: Sometimes Lysol aerosol spray doesn’t neutralize the smell of a cat box. Instead of reaching for the can, cut a couple of lemons in half and place them cut side up in a dish in the room and you’ll find this method to be much more effective than any aerosol spray.
13. Asthma Assistance: Asthma can be a troublesome issue. However, two tablespoons of lemon juice before each meal and before bedtime can greatly reduce asthma symptoms. Since lemons have natural antioxidants, they are able to rid the body of toxins that can be harmful.
The possibilities are endless when it comes to lemons. These are just a few of the great things capable because of lemons because the possibilities are really endless.