Children & Grief
Brief introductory essay on children & grief prepared by the American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry.
How Children Grieve
Extensive essay on children's grief prepared by The Doughy Center--a national nonprofit support center for grieving children & families based in Portland, Oregon.
Talking to Children About Death
A comprehensive essay on how to approach the subject of death, and how to respond to the grief of children of all ages.
- "Children Mourning, Mourning Children," edited by Ken Doka, Hemisphere Pub. 1995.
- "The Grieving Child: A Parent's Guide" by Helen Fitzgerald, Simon & Schuster, 1992.
- "Life & Loss--A Guide to Help Grieving Children" by Linda Goldman, Accelerated Development, Inc. 1994.
- "When My Mommy Died" and "When My Dad Died" by Janice M. Hammond, Cranbrook Publishing, 1980 and 1981 respectively.
- "Helping Children Cope with the Loss of a Loved One: A Guide for Grownups" by William C. Kroen, Free Spirit Pub. 1996.
- "How Do We Tell the Children?" by Dan Schaefer & Christine Lyons, Newmarket Press, 1993.