Since we spend so much time either in our cars or at work, it makes sense that many of us could use a dose of positivism while going to work. Conflict can really burden the spirit and the body as we embark on a new day and the use of affirmations can become an encouraging source. We have a choice as well. We can either work within the confines of our personal fears, bad attitudes and unforgiveness or move on with enthusiasm and determination. How can affirmations do this? Well, here is something that they are not--they're not a magic pill to make everything perfect. But they can submerge your spirit and brain with positive images to help you experience a personal transformation. When practicing affirmations, choose a couple of them to focus on for a couple of weeks and start confessing them out loud in a confident voice as you are driving. Here are 10 self-affirmation quotes for your work commute to get you started.
1. "You are of sound body and mind."Confess that your body is healthy, your mind is brilliant and your soul is tranquil. Allow this self-affirmation get you in the right frame of mind as the day begins.
2. "You have peace."We are told by Jesus in John 14:27 that He will give us peace. "Peace I leave with you; My peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." Confess that you have the peace of Christ in your life today.
3. "You are not inferior."Eleanor Roosevelt said that “Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission.” Brush off the criticism and rejection and decide to not agree with poisonous thoughts from yourself or from others. Try this: "I will not allow inferiority in my life."
4. "You can overcome fear."“I have learned over the years that when one’s mind is made up, this diminishes fear; knowing what must be done does away with fear," said Rosa Parks. Use fear as motivation to tackle the situation from another angle. Your potential actually increases, Life Hack explained: "Every failure experience you have since the most painful events in life often give us the most valuable experiences and dramatic growth." Confess today that you can subdue any fear that tries to penetrate your life!
5. "You are courageous."“The eagle has no fear of adversity. We need to be like the eagle and have a fearless spirit of a conqueror," author and preacher Joyce Meyer said. We have heard that all things work together for our good, but that can be difficult to remember when going through life’s trials. If there is a book you want to write, a class you want to take or a hobby that you've put off for years, set aside the excuses and go for it. This self-affirmation quote will help you prepare for your commute and for your workday! Start to voice: "I have the strength of a conqueror."
6. "You have favor."Confess favor over your life when it seems that you have none! Allow Psalm 90:17 to be an encouragement to you. “Let the favor of the Lord our God be upon us, and establish the work of our hands upon us; yes, establish the work of our hands!” Confessing favor with God and can change the atmosphere of tense meetings, encounters and in traffic. Try this short affirmation: "Today, I have favor with God and man."
7. "You have hope."Psalm 84:11 offered this advice: “For the Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lord bestows favor and honor. No good thing does He withhold from those who walk uprightly.” Without hope, we may feel deflated at work and in our personal lives. Reignite your hope again by choosing to not let it go. Confess: "My victory is not dependent on circumstances and I will overcome all of my trials!" We can have hope today no matter where we are in life or on the road! As writer Walt Whitman said, "Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you."
8. "You are creative.""Be brave enough to live life creatively. The creative place where no one else has ever been," actor Alan Alda said. Be brave today by stepping out into the unknown and tapping into your talents. Try this affirmation: "I am creative and I am flourishing in all my tasks. I am moving forward and complete things in a timely matter. I have fresh ideas on how to tackle difficulties today."
9. "You are a risk-taker."Life is about taking risks and if we allow our faith to be dominated by what others say, we will never know God's purpose. Instead of relying only on what we see around us, choose to believe there is a bigger purpose. Taking risks in life is essential to move forward! Try this affirmation when you feel cemented: "I am no longer stuck in my past, but I am moving forward as a risk-taker."
10. "You can forgive others."Use this affirmation to forgive: "I release forgiveness to others and choose to free my heart from all grudges, bitterness and strife." We can't accept love if we don't love others and this means our coworkers as well. God calls us to stand where we are sometimes until we start forgiving.
Our words play a big part in our lives in how we feel. That's why it's important for us to affirm ourselves no matter where we are. The best way to start the day is by taking a command over it and by forbidding it to take over you.