Concerned about global warming? How about the air quality in your neighborhood? We’re asking readers to send us their ideas about how to save the environment—both globally and locally. On Earth Day, April 22, we'll feature the best ideas and stories for everyone to share.
We’re looking for help in the following two categories:
1. What Are You Doing to Care for the Environment? (Deadline: Monday, April 17)
Email short descriptions (100-150 words) about what you’ve done individually, with your family, or with a group. Where possible, send photos or videos of you or your group doing the activity. Send by email to Beliefneteditorial@gmail.com. Subject line should say: Earth Day.
- Photos of your work must be in .jpg or .gif format and be less than 200K.
- Videos must be under 10MB and in a web-friendly format (.mov, .rm, .wmv, .avi).
- Please include your name, your city/state of residency, and a short description/explanation of the photo or video.
All photos or videos must be original to you.If you are submitting a work that has been previously published elsewhere, please make sure there will be no conflict before submitting to us. We just want to remind you that, per our terms of service, Beliefnet trusts that you only send material you actually own (i.e. not other people's copyrighted materials) and by sending it to us, you grant us and our editorial partners the right to use it in any form.
2. What Should We Be Doing to Save the Earth? (Deadline: Monday, April 17)
These could be broader in scope and could include your innovative suggestions for large-scale change. Post your ideas on this discussion board.
You might just find your planet-friendly ideas on Beliefnet this Earth Day!